The Queen of the South thread

I’d imagine it was for a number of reason. She’s friends with the chairman. It’s good eye candy in the boardroom. And also for her own safety, as I’d imagine she would get dogs abuse in amongst Joe public. 

She also dragged the good name of Queen of the South F.C. through the gutter with her embarrassing social media rants among several other things :(

2 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

She also dragged the good name of Queen of the South F.C. through the gutter with her embarrassing social media rants among several other things :(

The girl was sticking up for herself, the same as JT stuck up for himself.

When backed into a corner, I’d come out fighting too. I’m sure everyone has skeletons in their closet.  It’s just you never hear them because we don’t work for a football club and nobody would be interested. 

My first games were all cup ties -  a sunday match against East Fife which we won 1nil with a pen; against Hearts in another cup tie think we lost 2nil and the one that got me started for real on my own was against Motherwell 1980? which we won 2-0

Jeez I mind the Motherwell cup tie I was 10 lol Ian Mitchell lobbed their goalie at the Terregles Street End

4 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

An old buddy was telling me when I was down on Saturday that the ‘sum’ was significant !! Allegedly !!

It's all heresay - and probably no-one will ever divulge the absolute truth - but I believe the total amount of compo handed out in relation to this sorry affair equates to a seasons' wages for around 2/4 first-team players at this level.

That might partially explain why the squad is thinner than a thin thing at the mo.

It's all heresay - and probably no-one will ever divulge the absolute truth - but I believe the total amount of compo handed out in relation to this sorry affair equates to a seasons' wages for around 2/4 first-team players at this level.
That might partially explain why the squad is thinner than a thin thing at the mo.
If true, does the budget constraints only last this season?

12 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
26 minutes ago, BigRubberFist said:

If true, does the budget constraints only last this season?

No idea!

I'd imagine compo would be a lump sum??  If so, then it might be a 12-month thing.  But that's pure speculation.

No idea!
I'd imagine compo would be a lump sum??  If so, then it might be a 12-month thing.  But that's pure speculation.
Its a probably just a big shit mix of things. Harkins and Todd probably arent cheap. Compo. Lower attendances. Cup and league finishes last season. Traveling to the highlands 4 times this season. All of that combined explains our struggling situation.

2 hours ago, BigRubberFist said:

If the amount mentioned,  paid in compensation for the cancelled concert is true ,then its nearer 4-5 players .

Edited by weeredbook

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think that East Fife match was the first Sunday match I went to at Palmerston,  maybe the 1st one ever to be played there on a Sunday.  If it's the same one I'm thinking about,  I recall there was a bit of hassle between the Fife fans and Queens fans.  There was no segregation as such in the covered terracing  and stones were being thrown from one end to the other. 

Before my time, but I think there's a cracking photo somewhere of large crowds milling around outside the ground in Terregles Street, ahead of that game.

we can only hope and pray they do
Really. I would say losing dykes would weaken us quite a bit. The guy has pace, decent first touch, gets round the pitch chasing shadows and has now finally started to add goals to his game. Whatever his off field antics are, his on field attitude i cant really fault. Hope stays a while longer.

My first games were all cup ties -  a sunday match against East Fife which we won 1nil with a pen; against Hearts in another cup tie think we lost 2nil and the one that got me started for real on my own was against Motherwell 1980? which we won 2-0

If the next round game was a home defeat to PartickThistle then that Motherwell cup game was my 2nd Queens game but my first going without an adult.

My first game was a freebie handed out by Troqueer Primary for a preseason friendly against Carlisle which we won 3-2 I think possibly in around 77/78? My Dads first and last Queens game and one of the few times I’ve sat in the stand!

16 minutes ago, Weewull said:

If you went to Palmerston every home game you would not have the opinion that dykes is an asset to the team

Perhaps. I am no expert but I have seen enough from attendance and highlights to see that he has improved from last season and is an asset to the team. He does need to improve his conversion rate. Playing in his right position will help with that. 

31 minutes ago, Weewull said:

If you went to Palmerston every home game you would not have the opinion that dykes is an asset to the team

You obviously don’t go to every home game either. If you did you’d realise that dykes is one of the most improved players in that team. If we were to loose him it would severely weaken the team. 

Agreed he has improved a lot. His goal on Saturday is testament to this. Okay he's still got a lot more to offer and we would miss him. However there's no way he'd be a replacement at Hearts for Lafferty. The Premiership, certainly at present, is one step too far for him.