The Queen of the South thread

Think it's time the Chairman/Board spoke to the fans and let them know what the situation with the club is in our centenary season. (lots of rumours doing the rounds).    I Had really hoped this season we would be pushing for the play offs at the top of the league, We almost have a starting 11 of a good Championship side but if the manager doesn't get anymore players in to boost his squad we are more than likely to be looking at the relegation play offs. It's time to back the manager...... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

Any truth in the rumours that the manager has no more money left to bring in more players , even loan players ?

I think it's more fact than rumour,  and it's hardly been a secret considering its been mentioned quite a lot on here.  Losing out on a  quarter-final place in the League Cup,  and the money it would have generated,  probably restricted our chances of bringing new players in even more. Unless deals can be made to bring in loanees with minimum outlay then what we have now is what the Manager had to work with. 

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:36, Steeplechat said:

Why did you announce there was to be a 3rd strip this season if you’re not going to sell them ?
I thought the club would want to make as much money as possible this Centenary season.

I was looking forward to buying the light blue shirt so was disappointed that it's not being sold as one.  I would buy the thing without sponsorship, but none of the warm up tops appear on the shop page of the website.

3 hours ago, doonhamer64 said:

I was looking forward to buying the light blue shirt so was disappointed that it's not being sold as one.  I would buy the thing without sponsorship, but none of the warm up tops appear on the shop page of the website.

I bought the light blue one yesterday after the reserves match. Only £20. I asked the girl if it was the 3rd strip and she said yes. When I enquired why there was no sponsor on it she said it also doubles as a training top, hence the lower price. Pretty nice top.

My first games were all cup ties -  a sunday match against East Fife which we won 1nil with a pen; against Hearts in another cup tie think we lost 2nil and the one that got me started for real on my own was against Motherwell 1980? which we won 2-0

15 hours ago, queenslad said:

My first games were all cup ties -  a sunday match against East Fife which we won 1nil with a pen; against Hearts in another cup tie think we lost 2nil and the one that got me started for real on my own was against Motherwell 1980? which we won 2-0

I think that East Fife match was the first Sunday match I went to at Palmerston,  maybe the 1st one ever to be played there on a Sunday.  If it's the same one I'm thinking about,  I recall there was a bit of hassle between the Fife fans and Queens fans.  There was no segregation as such in the covered terracing  and stones were being thrown from one end to the other.  

I can't say I can recall what my first actual game was at Palmerston but George Farm was player/manager.  Being a country boy and not living too close to Dumfries,  my early visits relied on my dad's weekend off,  and suitable  buses,   coinciding with a home game,  which was maybe about 3 or  4 times a season.  On moving closer to civilisation in the late -sixties I was able to start attending regularly and have done ever since.  The lean times,  of which I have endured plenty of along with others,  certainly make you appreciate the "highs"  even more. 

13 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Why does SHE still sit in the directors box during home games ?

I’d imagine it was for a number of reason. She’s friends with the chairman. It’s good eye candy in the boardroom. And also for her own safety, as I’d imagine she would get dogs abuse in amongst Joe public.