The Queen of the South thread

As in it goes from u16 £5 to Adult £18 on the match preview, just wondering if there is no 16-21 year old price for tomorrow.
After 16 you're an adult unless you're a student with a card is what I always thought.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
28 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:
As in it goes from u16 £5 to Adult £18 on the match preview, just wondering if there is no 16-21 year old price for tomorrow.

After 16 you're an adult unless you're a student with a card is what I always thought.

Okay cheers. As I say im a adult with ST so didn't know this, family's going through and thought we might of had a 16-21 bracket like other clubs.

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Is there no inbetween price for tomorrow between u16 and Adult? We Have maybe never had one but have a season ticket so never needing to buy. Says on St johnstone website there is for away fans, but no mention on Queens. 

35 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
35 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

5 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Okay cheers. As I say im a adult with ST so didn't know this, family's going through and thought we might of had a 16-21 bracket like other clubs.

16-21 is a concession category and has been for the last two seasons. If you are in that age bracket you can buy a concession (you will need proof of age).

We wouldnt be offering away fans a discount not available to home fans!

16-21 is a concession category and has been for the last two seasons. If you are in that age bracket you can buy a concession (you will need proof of age).

Shocking. Never such a thing after I turned 16. Sack the board! [emoji20]

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It is listed separately for league games, so I can see where the confusion might come from

29 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

When is the sky blue 3rd strip available to purchase SD ?

It isnt. Or it already is, depending on your point of view.

Its just a version of the warm up kit that has had sponsors added to it. The warm up kit is already in the shop (dont know if socks are in but shirts and shorts definitely are). I bought it for my son last week.

But you cant buy it with the sponsors on it. It wasnt ordered for retail sale as a 3rd kit. Same as the last couple of seasons 3rd kits.

Its just a version of the warm up kit that has had sponsors added to it. The warm up kit is already in the shop (dont know if socks are in but shirts and shorts definitely are). I bought it for my son last week.
But you cant buy it with the sponsors on it. It wasnt ordered for retail sale as a 3rd kit. Same as the last couple of seasons 3rd kits.

Just reading your comments on the 3rd choice strip !! Just wondering if you happen to know if the away strip is also available minus the sponsors name ?? Would like to buy it when down tomorrow and frame it but would rather have it free of advertisements

Just now, kleinfaethetoon said:

Just reading your comments on the 3rd choice strip !! Just wondering if you happen to know if the away strip is also available minus the sponsors name ?? Would like to buy it when down tomorrow and frame it but would rather have it free of advertisements

No. 

Why did you announce there was to be a 3rd strip this season if you’re not going to sell them ?
I thought the club would want to make as much money as possible this Centenary season.

17 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure one is two Queens fans might have a different view about his mum.  I've seen grown men almost brought to tears if she thought they were criticising her son.  I'm glad I was just an innocent bystander. 

Yup,I have witnessed this personally at Cowdenbeath when Zander was suspect in letting in a goal.Although I was criticising him at the the time I kept it relatively mild,however the guy next to me wasn't so subtle and he got it "both barrels" from an irate Mrs Clark.Lovely woman though!

16 minutes ago, Arsene Parcelly said:

Yup,I have witnessed this personally at Cowdenbeath when Zander was suspect in letting in a goal.Although I was criticising him at the the time I kept it relatively mild,however the guy next to me wasn't so subtle and he got it "both barrels" from an irate Mrs Clark.Lovely woman though!

That's the game I had in mind as it happens. 

6 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

It could be worse. I know a St Mirren fan who happened to be sitting in front of Stevie Mallan when his boy missed a sitteremoji23.png

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of Stevie Mallan unless he has mellowed with age. Total nutcase when younger. Although I’m sure no one would like to hear their son get slagged! 

My dislike for our pitch is growing with every game I watch. It serves a purpose for a club like us but is it being over-used or poorly kept? I just think it seems to get worse with every game. On a few occasions today I thought the ball spun very unnaturally and there has been a few times I thought the ball was getting stuck in players feet (not just today). To take my mind off the game this evening I had a wee look at our stats on grass compared to plastic, since Naysmith took over.

Plastic

W 13
D 15
L 17

Win - 28%

Grass

W 16
D 9
L 8

Win - 48%

We've played 12 more games on plastic but even so we've still won more games on grass if we were to play the next 12 games on grass and lose which would still give us a 35% win rate.

I know there are other factors such as opposition but given the majority of our plastic games are home games you'd expect that to be an advantage.

I doubt we'll get rid of the pitch, nor am I suggesting such a thing but it does give one possible explanation as to why our away form is better than our home.