The Queen of the South thread

16 minutes ago, Highlandhamer said:

Glad we managed to secure the win tonight. Really starting to seem like we need that first goal to open the flood gates. Dobbie steamrolling towards that 2nd spot and Dykes finding the target yet again which is encouraging to see.

Also saw that Ross Fergusson bagged a hat-trick tonight for Annan, not entirely sure of the decisions surrounding his departure but given his physical attributes I still think he could have done a job for us considering our squad size.

Think Ross only scored two tonight, Wallace with first two. 

Who were saints playing tonight? 
No one. I read a post from a poster I thought was a Saints fan (I'm on the app) but he's ICT. The biggest clue that he wasn't a Saints fan should have been the fact they don't even compete in this cup [emoji38]

Just back, once again baled out by Dobbie. 

I’m afraid the much changed team didn’t play very well, there was a lack of quality all round and we never really looked like scoring. (Fortunately, neither did they).

I have to say Tremble failed to impress,  whether a lack of confidence, skill or experience I don’t know.

Once Dobbs was on we scored three in about 10 minutes and it was all over. Credit to Mercer who had two assists (and actually played well).

It would have been nice to get through without needing Dobbie, but at the end of the day, job done.

Seems an opportune time to update this

As at 14th August 2018:

1 - Jim Patterson, 251 goals in 462 appearances, 1949 - 1963
2 - Bobby Black, 120 goals in 346 appearances, 1952 - 1961
3 - Stephen Dobbie, 118 goals in 177 starts (18 sub) appearances, 2007 - 2009, 2016 - Current
4 - Derek Lyle, 117 goals in 269 starts (96 sub) appearancs, 2002 - 2004, 2004 - 2006 & 2012 - 2018
5 - Andy Thomson, 114 goal in 196 starts (35 sub) appearances, 1989 - 1994 & 2006 - 2007
6 - Jocky Dempster, 98 goals in 342 starts (13 sub) appearances, 1970 - 1979
7 - Tommy Bryce, 95 goals in 283 starts (14 sub) appearances, 1985 - 1987, 1994 - 1998 & 1999
8 - Stevie Mallan, 94 goals in 233 starts (32 sub) appearances, 1993 - 2000
9 - Tommy McCall, 93 goals in 264 appearances, 1925 - 1934
10 - Ian Reid, 89 goals in 192 starts (5 sub) appearances, 1973 - 1978
11 - Jimmy Robertson, 89 goals in 378 starts (22 sub) appearances, 1979 - 1987 & 1989 - 1993
12 - Jackie Oakes, 81 goals in 457 appearances, 1936 - 1947 & 1951 - 1960
13 - Iain McChesney, 79 goals in 587 starts (28 sub) appearances, 1961 - 1982
14 - Rowan Alexander, 78 goals in 165 starts (18 sub) appearances, 1978 - 1983 & 1995 - 1998
15 - Billy Houliston, 74 goals in 155 apearances, 1945 - 1952
16 - Jackie Law, 71 goals in 226 appearances, 1936 - 1948
17 - John O'Neill, 70 goals in 143 starts (52 sub) appearances, 2001 - 2003 & 2005 - 2008
18 - Lex Law, 68 goals in 316 starts (18 sub) appearances, 1964 - 1975
19 - Jimmy Rutherford, 66 goals in 65 appearances, 1930 - 1934
20 - Willie Dougan, 65 goals in 88 appearances, 1922 - 1925

Stephen Dobbie's 9th and 10th of the season already move him up to 3rd in the all time list, passing his friend Derek Lyle. He's now 2 goals shy of Bobby Black's all time 2nd spot. He's got 118 goals in a little over four and a half years at the club in total! 63 goals in 2 years and 1 week since his return. Astounding stats. He's an absolute goal machine.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stephen Dobbie's 9th and 10th of the season already move him up to 3rd in the all time list, passing his friend Derek Lyle. He's now 2 goals shy of Bobby Black's all time 2nd spot. He's got 118 goals in a little over four and a half years at the club in total! 63 goals in 2 years and 1 week since his return. Astounding stats. He's an absolute goal machine.

I love him:wub:

Glad we managed to secure the win tonight. Really starting to seem like we need that first goal to open the flood gates. Dobbie steamrolling towards that 2nd spot and Dykes finding the target yet again which is encouraging to see.

Also saw that Ross Fergusson bagged a hat-trick tonight for Annan, not entirely sure of the decisions surrounding his departure but given his physical attributes I still think he could have done a job for us considering our squad size.

Internal club investigation lead to his departure

We were pretty poor tonight until Dobbie came.  He brings so much quality and it seems to lift the other players too. The likes of Dykes and Stirling really improved after Dobbie came on.

I thought Mercer did well tonight and Doyle`s pace is an excellent attribute. Given Fordyce has been shaky of late I`d be tempted to play Doyle and Semple in central defence. Based on what we saw tonight young Tremble is a long way off being ready for senior football. Hopefully he will improve because unless another striker comes in he`s going to be needed. Job done tonight without either Dobbie or Harkins having to play a full game.

Do the stands ever get a good clean? I mean the area where the fans sit. I know the problem with seaguls is one the whole town has but on Saturday it's was absolutely disgusting in the new stand. There were so many droppings it actually smelled like a pigeon coop where I was sitting.

I appreciate we appear to be struggling a bit financially but surely a tub of hot soapy water and a brush isn't too much to ask even if for just the biggest problem areas.

Do the stands ever get a good clean? I mean the area where the fans sit. I know the problem with seaguls is one the whole town has but on Saturday it's was absolutely disgusting in the new stand. There were so many droppings it actually smelled like a pigeon coop where I was sitting.

I appreciate we appear to be struggling a bit financially but surely a tub of hot soapy water and a brush isn't too much to ask even if for just the biggest problem areas.

Ha plus all the other issues like the weeds he's too busy drinking coffee in the shop or driving up down the road with the strips

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

^^^^ Shit post. 

Or rather a  post about shit. 

8 hours ago, Qos88 said:

Ha plus all the other issues like the weeds he's too busy drinking coffee in the shop or driving up down the road with the strips

^^^ Punctuation malfunction. 

Would be tempted to leave Fordyce on the bench on Saturday. We’ve shipped goals last season, and 2 in each game we’ve played at this level/premiership level. As GN said, nothing to lose, try Semple and Doyle and see what happens. 

In saying that pretty sure we’ll end up with a 4-2-3-1, Martin; Mercer, Fordyce, Semple, Marsh; KJ, Doyle; Dykes, Harkins, Todd/Stirling; Dobbie

played that against Motherwell 2nd half and looked solid, albeit created nothing 

Did you offer to help with the Palmerston Tidy Up ....?

Just asking

32 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Just asking

If you’re paying £18 for a seat you shouldn’t be expected to clean it.

The volunteers do an excellent job but it shouldn’t be expected of a customer.

Just asking
Seriously? So my £18 covers my seat and the entertainment on show but if I want the place to be bird shit free I need to clean it myself?

41 minutes ago, Swarley said:
59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
Your implication was as subtle as a brick through a window.

Is the brick included in the £18?

Is the brick clean or are you expected to clean it after it smashed the window ?