The Queen of the South thread

Are you sure it was QoS? Sounds very disconcerting that a Queens 'keeper would have that much free time in a game...
It was forty-odd years ago so it's entirely possible that I'm talking a load of geriatric pish...don"t think so though.

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A minutes applause is used world wide and is not based on the behaviour of the bigot brothers. 

I know there's a tradition of it overseas.  I first saw it I think on Football Italia back in the day.

It's not the traditional way of doing it in this country though and I think it has become reasonably established here, as SD says, largely down to difficulties with certain supports behaving themselves.

There's quite possibly room for both, but I much prefer silence for the formal mark of respect.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Off topic and I'm probably a bit behind and slow on this..

But good to see we're in the top reserve league. Hopefully gives our youth and fringe players much needed game time in a very competitive and strong competition.  Where can I find out the fixtures for the upcoming season? Going to try and get to a few this season. 

But good to see we're in the top reserve league. Hopefully gives our youth and fringe players much needed game time in a very competitive and strong competition.  Where can I find out the fixtures for the upcoming season? Going to try and get to a few this season. 
Possibly the SPFL website.

43 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

I might be wrong but I think I heard the games are going to be on Monday afternoons?

really not sure what to expect tonight. If Harkins and Dobbie turn up we’ll outscore them, if not can’t see us winning. Can’t see us conceding less than 2 goals to be fair, but hopefully I’m proven wrong.

Line-up wise Jacobs has to come back in for me, and Todd has to start. Between Doyle, Mercer and Stirling I don’t know who to drop. Stirling has done well but lacks defensive discipline, while Mercer is more than capable of having the game of his life, or completely throwing it away and making mistake after mistake. Doyle will be 7/10 regardless of where he plays, really do think he’s a fantastic signing. I’m leaning towards leaving out Merce and having Doyle RB, but wouldn’t be adverse to leaving out Stirling for Doyle LM.

really not sure what to expect tonight. If Harkins and Dobbie turn up we’ll outscore them, if not can’t see us winning. Can’t see us conceding less than 2 goals to be fair, but hopefully I’m proven wrong.
Line-up wise Jacobs has to come back in for me, and Todd has to start. Between Doyle, Mercer and Stirling I don’t know who to drop. Stirling has done well but lacks defensive discipline, while Mercer is more than capable of having the game of his life, or completely throwing it away and making mistake after mistake. Doyle will be 7/10 regardless of where he plays, really do think he’s a fantastic signing. I’m leaning towards leaving out Merce and having Doyle RB, but wouldn’t be adverse to leaving out Stirling for Doyle LM.

More likely be

Martin
Mercer semple fordyce Marshall
Doyle Harkins Jacobs Todd
Dobbie dykes

Than Doyle on the left. Wouldn’t be adverse to that line up tbh

46 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

More likely be

Martin
Mercer semple fordyce Marshall
Doyle Harkins Jacobs Todd
Dobbie dykes

Than Doyle on the left. Wouldn’t be adverse to that line up tbh

Doyle is far more likely to give defensive cover from a midfield position than stirling. Stirling would be best brought on to change the game if we are losing or need to change the tempo. 

Mercer at RB

Doyle at RM

Stirling to add attacking options from the bench.

Martin

Doyle
Fordyce
Semple
Marshall

Todd
Jacobs
Harkins
Stirling

Dykes
God

Please.

The pessimist in me is thinking we could get brought down to life tonight. Would gladly take a 0-0 borefest.