The Queen of the South thread

For today or in the league campaign as well?

Hoping Todd can play today as he really needs more minutes heading into league campaign in a couple weeks. Would like to be using more like our starting 11 as well, but understand how managers like to mix and match. Giving it was worth a decent amount of cash, hopefully a couple more signings, I’m hoping he puts out as strong an 11 as possible. For me :-

Martin

Doyle Fordyce Semple Marshall

Stirling Jacobs Harkins Todd

Dykes Dobbie

Maybe harsh on Mercer but I watched 90 minutes of the Stranraer game and he was causing more problems than most. Hopefully get job done early, and get likes of Mercer, Murray/Bell or Tremble run outs.

46 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Hoping Todd can play today as he really needs more minutes heading into league campaign in a couple weeks. Would like to be using more like our starting 11 as well, but understand how managers like to mix and match. Giving it was worth a decent amount of cash, hopefully a couple more signings, I’m hoping he puts out as strong an 11 as possible. For me :-

Martin

Doyle Fordyce Semple Marshall

Stirling Jacobs Harkins Todd

Dykes Dobbie

Maybe harsh on Mercer but I watched 90 minutes of the Stranraer game and he was causing more problems than most. Hopefully get job done early, and get likes of Mercer, Murray/Bell or Tremble run outs.

Cant really argue with that hopefully we are a few goals clear again to give then young lads a run out.

If you top group are you seeded for the next round? Motivation right there. This cup is opening up so its testament to the players and manager that we have played so well. Getting through could help us with more signings aswell so its been a great start.

2 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Theoretically we should be qualified, providing Motherwell don’t hammer us. Say we lose by 2 goals, I can’t see 4 other teams finishing on 9+ points with a +7 goal difference

Let's go for a win and then if a draw happens we still win the section. Think positive!

First look at Queens this season and hard to draw many conclusions from a game that resembled a training session for most of its duration, second half especially. Felt we started quite slowly, but burst into life midway though the first half with a flurry of goals. Dykes took the first really well, lobbing the keeper nicely, and Dobbie was never going to miss when put though for the second. Martin did well with a quick kick out to set up the second. Both simple route one goals against a shaky Edinburgh City defence. The next two goals were well worked and involved some nice quick interplay.

Very impressed with Harkins, we've not had a player of this quality in the middle of the park since Tosh. Semple looks like a class act in central defence, strong and competitive, but he’ll have few easier afternoons than this one. Dobbie is Dobbie - 2 goals and should really have been 3 as the ref gave Antell the benefit of the doubt at the end when Dobbie stole it off him, without the goalie ever really looking he had it under control.

Dykes looked a handful, and should have had another from a late header, with Antell making a decent stop. Martin looked assured. Impressed with his distribution. Todd did ok too. Not overly impressed with Queens subs Murray and Bell - we looked weaker when they came on - but to be fair the game had petered out by then.

Edited by Frankie S

36 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

If you top group are you seeded for the next round? Motivation right there. This cup is opening up so its testament to the players and manager that we have played so well. Getting through could help us with more signings aswell so its been a great start.

The top 4 first teams are seeded with Hibs, Aberdeen,Celtic and Rangers. The other plus the 4 best 2nd place teams are unseeded. Good chance with other GD we could be seeded if we win the group 

Very sad to hear the news about Allan Ball. A true club legend and a really nice guy into the bargain. Heard he wasn't well a few weeks back (as I'm sure others did). Ironically it was when he was being discussed on this forum.

Condolences to his family. RIP.

Shattered .

One of the all time greats . There will never be a greater servant to Queen of the South Football Club .

Great Goalie .

Great man .

Thanks for the many wonderful memories.

Rest in peace Alan   .My thoughts are with all your family .

34 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Shattered .

One of the all time greats . There will never be a greater servant to Queen of the South Football Club .

Great Goalie .

Great man .

Thanks for the many wonderful memories.

Rest in peace Alan   .My thoughts are with all your family .

Great keeper always brilliant against us.