The Queen of the South thread

Surely right back;
Doyle - Fordyce - Semple - Marshall 
Mercer to come in for either fullback if injured, then Doyle to step inside and Mercer to RB if any injury there. 
Other than that you might start having a panic....

Likely and I agree but very harsh on Mercer, who I’ve thoughts done well in both pre season games. A better problem to have than two signings ago. Hopefully semple has his clearance as he could do with games to get upto sharpness.

1 minute ago, NM_1919 said:

Likely and I agree but very harsh on Mercer, who I’ve thoughts done well in both pre season games. A better problem to have than two signings ago. Hopefully semple has his clearance as he could do with games to get upto sharpness.

This. For all the stick Mercer got early on, he looked decent towards the end of last season and has looked good in pre-season.

On 13/07/2018 at 02:37, football maniac said:

Finally got a name to the trialist cb. Callum Semple fae Sheffield United

I am hoping Semple is as good as Jason Kerr if not then we will lose a lot of goals.

Doyle is a right back will never do as a center half .

Stranraer had a crazy 5 mins that cost them the game.

Queens very poor for most of the game positive was that they won the game 

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I am hoping Semple is as good as Jason Kerr if not then we will lose a lot of goals.

Callum Semple will be an excellent signing. Is a year behind in his development due to injury but was in and around sufc first team prior to that.

Only just back for preseason so a little behind in fitness but he is an absolute unit and is excellent on the ball. He is a very very good player. No tippy tippy English football from this lad. He is as tough as nails for a 19 year old.

We will miss him with the U23s at SUFC.

Good luck QOTS this season.

I stead of commenting on a great 5 minutes for QoS you still look at it negatively. Seriously, do you go to the games hoping for a loss?

Same as Livi game really in that there were both lots of positives and negatives. Harkins has the potential to absolutely boss the midfield for us. I thought he was hands down our best player today. An absolute class above. It makes it all the more frustrating that we continued to hit the ball over him rather than give him it. I'd like to see Semple given a run of games and tbh I wouldn't mind seeing Fordyce dropped or at least put to RB. Him and Mercer were woeful at times today. No idea why the former didn't boot the ball out before the 2nd goal. He appears to enjoy hoofing it up the park as well.

Going forward we looked very good at times and I think we should be ok on that front. We need to cut down the silly goals and crosses though. That's the first lost of the season, I wonder how many more will come.

3 points and plenty of goals scored is the main thing. Let's hope we continue that on Tuesday but waken up at the back. Hoping for Semple to start in place of Mercer or Fordcye.

Well , well ,  not much has changed.

Passed off the  Park for the first 35 minutes by a very confident and comfortable on the ball Stranraer side whilst we continued to punt it aimlessly long,

Last season Naysmith said those were not his instructions and that the players were deciding to do it.  I cannot believe they choose to defy him so repeatedly and can only deduce that he  is actually authorising that approach.

Time after time Bell - as Murray was last season -  was in acres of space on the right but we chose to bypass him and lump it up.

On the rare occasion we did try to find him it took 2 or 3 passes to get there instead of 1 resulting in Stranraer defenders having time to mark up.

As I said, they were much slicker and sharper in their passing than we were.

I really was hoping Naysmith would have sorted out our defensive frailties  for this season but that first 35 minutes was appalling and the remainder of the game we looked dodgy every time they attacked.

How on earth are we going to cope against decent Championship teams ?

We will not be able to give any of them a 2 goal start and still come out on top..

I do not believe a defence containing Robinson, Hamill, Dowie and Higgins could perform any worse than what we witnessed today.

Still, the Manager knows best.

Lyle would still offer much more than Dykes ever will - still too easily outmuscled and lightweight.   In actual fact, I was much more impressed  by their number 9 - Layne I think -  and since we are looking for a striker I would strongly consider him.    Great pace, good touch and general nuisance all game. Indeed several of their players  were very impressive.

Credit to their Manager as  - apart from crazy 5 minute spell -   they looked well organised, disciplined and very comfortable playing football the way it should be played  - something  Naysmith  has failed to do since he first arrived.

Obviously ,  pleased to score 5 and win the game but we will struggle all season against better teams if we continue to defend like that.

Dobbie  and Harkins  showed their class but we cannot rely on them to get us out of such a mess every game.

35 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Well , well ,  not much has changed.

Passed off the  Park for the first 35 minutes by a very confident and comfortable on the ball Stranraer side whilst we continued to punt it aimlessly long,

Last season Naysmith said those were not his instructions and that the players were deciding to do it.  I cannot believe they choose to defy him so repeatedly and can only deduce that he  is actually authorising that approach.

Time after time Bell - as Murray was last season -  was in acres of space on the right but we chose to bypass him and lump it up.

On the rare occasion we did try to find him it took 2 or 3 passes to get there instead of 1 resulting in Stranraer defenders having time to mark up.

As I said, they were much slicker and sharper in their passing than we were.

I really was hoping Naysmith would have sorted out our defensive frailties  for this season but that first 35 minutes was appalling and the remainder of the game we looked dodgy every time they attacked.

How on earth are we going to cope against decent Championship teams ?

We will not be able to give any of them a 2 goal start and still come out on top..

I do not believe a defence containing Robinson, Hamill, Dowie and Higgins could perform any worse than what we witnessed today.

Still, the Manager knows best.

Lyle would still offer much more than Dykes ever will - still too easily outmuscled and lightweight.   In actual fact, I was much more impressed  by their number 9 - Layne I think -  and since we are looking for a striker I would strongly consider him.    Great pace, good touch and general nuisance all game. Indeed several of their players  were very impressive.

Credit to their Manager as  - apart from crazy 5 minute spell -   they looked well organised, disciplined and very comfortable playing football the way it should be played  - something  Naysmith  has failed to do since he first arrived.

Obviously ,  pleased to score 5 and win the game but we will struggle all season against better teams if we continue to defend like that.

Dobbie  and Harkins  showed their class but we cannot rely on them to get us out of such a mess every game.

Isaac Layne was one of the worst players against us in a woeful Brechin side last season, but you want us to pay money to sign him?