The Queen of the South thread

Doyle would be a big signing,not just because he was good but as he can cover across the defensive line. If we were to get Doyle in then I'd say that'll be the end of defensive signings. But as it stands we are struggling in that department

Is it a concern that Semple signed but Doyle hasn't yet?

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I remember there was doubt over the date Kane and Kerr were going back to St.Johnstone. Sheffield Utd OS confirms Semple is here until 7 January.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/july/young-duo-loaned-out/

It’s a signing to cover for Brownlie  whilst he’s out I’d imagine. Apparently Semple was pushing for the first team squad until he had a serious  injury last year. Intriguing signing imo

15 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Good day of business. 4 Signings in two days aswell

Pushing it abit to class Exley as a "signing" just some 17 year old kid from our youth team. Even Watson doesnt really feel anything more than a development signing. Still need a striker and winger

2 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

It’s a signing to cover for Brownlie  whilst he’s out I’d imagine. Apparently Semple was pushing for the first team squad until he had a serious  injury last year. Intriguing signing imo

I think its about playing competitive football. United have a well respected Academy system that produces good talent. If you listen to the coaches they look for talent and attitude and so when they go on loan as part of their development the clubs getting them are pretty sure they are getting players who will be an asset. Semple apparently is back stronger than he was and its a big asset to have a left footed CB who has been trained as a modern defender with control and a wide variety of accurate passing skills. I'm excited about this lad. United have recently developed Maguire, Walker and Jagielka along with Lowton at Villa and Naughton at Swansea or Norwich