The Queen of the South thread

Charlie Exley came on and played in front of Marshall in a left midfield role v Livi. He is a full back though. 
Dean Watson came on late in that game. Cant recall where he played but he is relatively small with blonde hair. If he played out right he was out of position but then so was Exley so he may have done.
Cheers. The Exley didn't have much of the ball but looked ok I thought. The boy I was talking about did indeed have blond hair so I'm thinking it may be him. Looked very lightweight but that's one game so obviously can't right the boy off.

9 hours ago, Mr X said:

We definitely need a centre back tomorrow but could go into Saturdays game without another striker. Clearly we need one to replace Fergusson, Im not sure I see us signing another wide player, though. Stirling, Todd, Murray and Dykes can all play there along with a few who could fill in if necessary.

Will there be match previews on the website again this season? 

10 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

If Stirling is in the plans then I hope he stays in them this time then if that's what we are going with. Dykes is wasted out wide and IMO Murrays not good enough.

I agree Dykes is wasted wide, all I meant was he could cover there if required. Stirling has played most of pre-season and has number 7 so that would suggest he's in the plans :) 

38 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Will there be match previews on the website again this season? 

No plans to do anything different to last season. The media officer is currently on holiday so there will be less going on until they are back.

We trialled a new live update system on Wednesday, planning to try that out during the Betfred too.

Theres also something coming for the Betfred games which you'll appreciate - should be announced today

I know it's the "old style" penalty format in the World Cup, so does that mean penalty shoot outs in the Betfred Cup will be the same?  Remember last season there was "dubiety" about whether penalties would be taken "tennis style" with the first penalty followed by 2 from the other team. Has that experiment been scrapped?

11 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

If Stirling is in the plans then I hope he stays in them this time then if that's what we are going with. Dykes is wasted out wide and IMO Murrays not good enough.

Like you I hope Stirling gets a chance this season but it's a two way thing.  The gaffer has  to give him a run of games to prove himself, not chop and change, and Stirling has to work hard and perove he deserves the chance. 

11 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Not an easy job for the gaffer due to the lack of funds. Don’t make our centenary season one to forget Billy

I don't get the thinking that because it's our Centenary season that something special should happen regarding the first team or extra money should be put in to make an extra effort to try for promotion.  For me it's going to be another season where we firstly consolidate our position in the division with an outside chance of making the play-offs. I don't think we should splash cash we don't have just because of the Centenary thing. 

11 hours ago, weeredbook said:

He wants out .

10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Who Billy or the Gaffer?? 

Probably both of them.  Naysmith obviously wants a job where he's not hampered by a small budget,  and this job is now viewed as a stopgap and stepping stone to bigger jobs.  

Rumours that the Chairman wants out have been going around for a couple of seasons now.  I don't think he planned to stay in office as long as he has but getting someone else in seems to be the problem.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

7 hours ago, football maniac said:

Finally got a name to the trialist cb. Callum Semple fae Sheffield United

Word is he has agreed to the move and could play tomorrow. Credit to the manager who is well regarded at Sheffield United

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I agree Dykes is wasted wide, all I meant was he could cover there if required. Stirling has played most of pre-season and has number 7 so that would suggest he's in the plans :) 

No plans to do anything different to last season. The media officer is currently on holiday so there will be less going on until they are back.

We trialled a new live update system on Wednesday, planning to try that out during the Betfred too.

Theres also something coming for the Betfred games which you'll appreciate - should be announced today

I'm aware of what you speak I just not said anything but looking forward to it. The live update for the hearts game was quite good and I certainly appreciate the work going on behind the scenes.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Probably both of them.  Naysmith obviously wants a job where he's not hampered by a small budget,  and this job is now viewed as a stopgap and stepping stone to bigger jobs. 

It always was.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Rumours that the Chairman wants out have been going around for a couple of seasons now.  I don't think he planned to stay in office as long as he has but getting someone else in seems to be the problem.

They could accept a fan representative onto the board and one of the other directors could become chairman.

8 hours ago, football maniac said:

Finally got a name to the trialist cb. Callum Semple fae Sheffield United

49 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Word is he has agreed to the move and could play tomorrow. Credit to the manager who is well regarded at Sheffield United

Looks very likely. QOS twitter confirming signing news in an hour which will add "steel" to our defence.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 minutes ago, Flash said:

It always was.

They could accept a fan representative onto the board and one of the other directors could become chairman.

Assuming that any of the other Directors wants to be Chairman of course.