The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, baw heid said:

Any word about tomorrow's game against the Hearts?  How many will be there? I hear there is a bit of competition from an other match.  Any word on who will be playing for us?

What other match?

3 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Been checking on the website but can’t see anything, apologies if I missed it but I was wondering if any of you guys had heard locally when the new playing kit will be available to buy

You've not missed it. We don't have a confirmed date though indications are that pre-orders will probably be fulfilled in the next week or so and general sale stock will probably arrive within the fortnight following, certainly before the first home League game.

Falkirk

I sincerely hope it is not Falkirk because I would imagine that our chances of getting him ahead of Falkirk are negligible. Only thing that might work in our favour is the fact that he is almost certain to be an automatic pick barring an alarming drop in form. At Falkirk he may be a fringe player.

We certainly need a player that can play RB and provide cover at CB.

I sincerely hope it is not Falkirk because I would imagine that our chances of getting him ahead of Falkirk are negligible. Only thing that might work in our favour is the fact that he is almost certain to be an automatic pick barring an alarming drop in form. At Falkirk he may be a fringe player.

We certainly need a player that can play RB and provide cover at CB.
Hadnt heard this rumour but hopefully Doyle sees his journey more in the central belt and we #bigteam you right out of our way.

We need a RB more than you fwiw.

Hearts face Queen of the South this evening in the Jambos’ fourth pre-season friendly.

Craig Levein’s side continue to prepare for the upcoming 2018/19 with a trip to Palmerston Park, kick-off is 7.45pm.

Cash turnstiles will be in operation, entry is £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.

The Jambos have won all three friendly matches so far in the pre-season campaign and a strong squad is expected to travel to Dumfries this evening.

Cash turnstiles in operation ... this correct ???

17 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Hearts face Queen of the South this evening in the Jambos’ fourth pre-season friendly.

Craig Levein’s side continue to prepare for the upcoming 2018/19 with a trip to Palmerston Park, kick-off is 7.45pm.

Cash turnstiles will be in operation, entry is £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.

The Jambos have won all three friendly matches so far in the pre-season campaign and a strong squad is expected to travel to Dumfries this evening.

Cash turnstiles in operation ... this correct ???

No, Usual arrangements. Need a ticket from the ticket office. I presume that's from Hearts and by "cash turnstiles" they probably mean you don't need to buy a ticket before travel.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
Doubt  it

We are going into season 4 now since we had one. Genuinely, 3 seasons with Muirhead being our main RB. Can you beat that?

Aaron Muirhead is a functional right back. He's played most of his career there. Regardless of whether or not you rate him there, he is one.

We too have a perfectly functional right back in Scott Mercer, and a player capable of covering there in Callum Fordyce. It's not a priority position for us.  Unlike.......

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Yes. However, we're in even more need of a centre half

As Mr X says, we desperately need a centre back before Saturday. If they can also play right back or whatever then great but we need a centre back urgently.

Hadnt heard this rumour but hopefully Doyle sees his journey more in the central belt and we #bigteam you right out of our way.

We need a RB more than you fwiw.

I don't think you do - you can swap either Muirhead or Kidd for Mercer any time you like.