The Queen of the South thread

Tbh, Raith were total piss. Should have finished much lower than second. The loss to Alloa in the playoffs was also abysmal. Chairman walked away and everything. Ayr struggled with a lot injuries last season too, the losses we had were due to lack of cover. 
Also believe Ayr will stick with the same attacking style, trying to pack the midfield, quick on the wings and a couple of poachers up front. The poor defence and lack of a goalie will probably cost Ayr points. 
As for 'Diddy leagues', I'm sure Qos struggled to beat montrose, lower league than Ayr, in the Scottish Cup, took it to a replay. Its that perspective that has made Scottish football a two horse race (Ran*ers and Celt*c) when it really shouldn't be. Don't support a team because they are in a lesser league.
If Raith were total piss it makes it look worse on yourselves. I don't imagine you'll get as many goals in this division as it's a team full of professional sides this time (bar Alloa) but time will tell.

Aye we struggled against lower league opposition more than once last season. We also completely walked the division the year we were relegated, without even looking like we were trying at times. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything though. Some good honest clubs down the divisions but that doesn't change the fact the quality is poor.

If Raith were total piss it makes it look worse on yourselves. I don't imagine you'll get as many goals in this division as it's a team full of professional sides this time (bar Alloa) but time will tell.

Aye we struggled against lower league opposition more than once last season. We also completely walked the division the year we were relegated, without even looking like we were trying at times. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything though. Some good honest clubs down the divisions but that doesn't change the fact the quality is poor.

If we’d had a decent keeper we would have finished a good 10 or 15 points in front of Raith.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’d had a decent keeper we would have finished a good 10 or 15 points in front of Raith.

We had Jordan Hart :-) what an epic Keeper. Wish I was him.  

Agreed, the quality is piss poor and many games are drivel to watch. The injuries Ayr had as well caused hindrance. Ian Mccall hasn't signed a decent keeper the time he's been at somerset (exception being Greg Fleming, though unsure who signed him) Lower league Keepers are hard to come by what I've heard. Who's in Nets for Qos? 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Both probably behind Jump to search Hugo Lloris and Jordan Pickford!

Hugo Lloris
Hugo Lloris Euro 2012 v2.jpg
Lloris with France at UEFA Euro 2012
Personal information
Full name Hugo Lloris[1]
Date of birth 26 December 1986 (age 31)[2]
Place of birth Nice, France
Height 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)[3]
Playing position Goalkeeper
Club information
Current team
Tottenham Hotspur
Number 1
Youth career
1993–1997 CEDAC Cimiez
1997–2005 Nice
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2002–2006 Nice B 20 (0)
2005–2008 Nice 72 (0)
2008–2012 Lyon 146 (0)
2012– Tottenham Hotspur 206 (0)
National team
2004 France U18 3 (0)
2004–2005 France U19 14 (0)
2006 France U20 4 (0)
2006–2008 France U21 5 (0)
2008– France 102 (0)
Honours[show]
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 06:15, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 6 July 2018

Well now Morgan, Sibbald and Halkett are no longer in the league for me Dobbs is out on his own as streets ahead. We have no idea how the Falkirk lads will be. Harkins has proven over the years and even last year that when fitted in the right kind of system hes a truly class player. Good in the air tick, can tackle tick, two footed tick, physical tick, can use both feet tick, drops deep to start attacks tick, scores goals tick. When he has someone like Dobbs alongside him you will see him at his brilliant best. Id like to hear who people think are better than him when hes on his game! Especially midfielders

1 minute ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

He probaly is,not that many queens fans would know as he always seem to be injured. Unlike Ayr we are pretty sorted in that department with Leighfield a very capable replacement.

Very jealous. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I take it you were meaning full time sides rather than professional.  Alloa Athletic are part-time but are members of the Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League like QoS. 

I take it you were meaning full time sides rather than professional.  Alloa Athletic are part-time but are members of the Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League like QoS. 
Aye I think you know what I meant ;)