The Queen of the South thread

Because i've called you out on talking absolute shite??
Should have just ignored you after you claimed Jason Kerr was coming back to Palmerston:lol::lol:Your obviously a complete zoomer.  

If you take time to read my post regarding that it clearly states that I was told that he may be put on loan !! At no point did I say he would be coming back to QOS !!

49 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

Who u wanting to do the interviews?  The social media is done by volunteers, unless we have anyone offering to do it, the club are struggling. Especially at this time of the year when people are holiday.  Out of interest, are loads of other clubs doing interviews and background pieces on other players? 

It could be something that makes us stand out from the rest of the clubs at our level. I know its almost entirely volunteer at the club. Im not knocking that. Its a thankless task because we dont see the effort that goes on behind the scenes, just to get out the info we see. But what if there is a few small things that could be done that can have a big impact. I not looking at pointing fingers or belittle something that a volunteer does. I know the club is struggling. 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats happening in here then? Nowt to keep you boys busy??

Just somebody having a bit of trouble with reading comprehension. Thought I'd wandered into the Halbeath Road for a Second. 

As you were. 

2-2 Micky Doyle was outstanding as a sub number 6 need another look see how he compares with the New Zealand lad that's coming in on trial we still need one if not two strikers and and right winger and we good to go.

Well worth £5 of anybody's money tonight, thoroughly enjoyed that. It's a friendly so can't get too critical but for me there were plenty of positives and negatives.

Negatives

- Another cross defended poorly and a goal conceded as a result. We looked shaky at a few corners as well. Really hope this isn't going to continue this season or I might combust.

- Our persistence to go long. We got a goal from it tonight but more often than not it came to nothing. Dykes isn't the kind of player who can pick the ball out the air and bring people into play yet he's being deployed this way. In games where it is completely ineffective the guy will receive pelters all game no doubt.

- Our lack of depth. If/when injuries/suspensions kick in with our better players we could be in serious trouble.

- Really don't want to have a pop but I hope our wide players are mostly Todd and Stirling. Thought Murray looked really out of his depth tonight and after playing so many games last season I think the supporters won't be as forgiving this season and will show their frustration. Definitely a player to keep but he's not up to being a regular starter IMO.

Positives

- Well for me we were comfortably the better side against a Livi team who we struggled against last season.

- When we played the ball on the deck we looked very good. This makes the long ball all the more frustrating.

- We came from 2 down which is a positive shock!

- Some of our link-up play was excellent. Harkins was quiet the first half but he took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second. I think if he turns up we'll always be in a game but if he has an off day our creativity will be seriously lacking from midfield. Dykes took his goal very well.

- We limited Livi's chances. Unfortunately they scored from their only shots on target but at least we kept them down to two.

- I thought Bell put in a decent shift when he came on as well and Mercer looked vastly improved as well.

- Edited to add that our starting 11 (swap Todd for Murray) looks like it won't have a problem competing in the league.

Not sure what to make of the CB trialists. Mainly positive from both. I thought the first half one looked good. Comfortable on the ball, strong in the tackle and won most his headers. The only two negatives were he looked lost for the first goal amd he looks to be carrying a bit of weight but that can obviously be worked on. At the very least I hope he gets another shot but if it was keep or chuck based purely on tonight I'd sign him.

The second half one didn't have as much to do. He dealt with what he had to and was extremely vocal, giving instructions to the other defenders. Another one I hope gets another run out. Would also keep him. I expect it'll be one or the other.

1 hour ago, Spring Onion said:

Why do they never tell you who a trialist is? Surely somewhere they have to officially log a team, even if it's a friendly.

Gus McPherson went mental when the website "outed" a trialist in one of his first pre season games. The trialist was Tam Brighton. Everybody in the ground knew it was Tam Brighton 

Decent runout tonight and a good performance overall. 19QOS19 has summed things up pretty well. The contrast between the styles of play in the two halves was as stark as it was odd. The only thing Id disagree with is Dykes. Playing the ball up to him to contest headers is pretty futile but I thought the balls in behind that he ran on to were dangerous and something we lacked last season.

Don’t really know what to make of that, we contained them pretty much first half but didn’t do a lot ourselves. Second half another stupid set piece right after half time then we looked pretty decent after that. But why does it take that long to get going? I know it’s a friendly but conceding from set pieces was a bad habit from last season let’s get away from it.

Positives the rest of the 44 mins or so of second half. Harkins strolled the second half, was a class above even dobbs. Thought mercer had a decent game but would love us to take up the option with the second trialist and play him right back, always someone I’ve rated. Centre half from first half worth another look, but he looked unfit dealt with most things though. Wingers, Connor Murray nah, no out there anyway, Stirling flatters to deceive tbh. Middle two do what they do Jacobs break up and do simple things,Harkins be a baller. Lyndon and Dobbie I thought were opposite of each other one had a good first half other the second which maybe is a good sign, that we don’t have to just rely on dobbs.

Just makes me can’t wait for it all to begin again... till the first defest

Well worth £5 of anybody's money tonight, thoroughly enjoyed that. It's a friendly so can't get too critical but for me there were plenty of positives and negatives.

Negatives

- Another cross defended poorly and a goal conceded as a result. We looked shaky at a few corners as well. Really hope this isn't going to continue this season or I might combust.

- Our persistence to go long. We got a goal from it tonight but more often than not it came to nothing. Dykes isn't the kind of player who can pick the ball out the air and bring people into play yet he's being deployed this way. In games where it is completely ineffective the guy will receive pelters all game no doubt.

- Our lack of depth. If/when injuries/suspensions kick in with our better players we could be in serious trouble.

- Really don't want to have a pop but I hope our wide players are mostly Todd and Stirling. Thought Murray looked really out of his depth tonight and after playing so many games last season I think the supporters won't be as forgiving this season and will show their frustration. Definitely a player to keep but he's not up to being a regular starter IMO.

Positives

- Well for me we were comfortably the better side against a Livi team who we struggled against last season.

- When we played the ball on the deck we looked very good. This makes the long ball all the more frustrating.

- We came from 2 down which is a positive shock!

- Some of our link-up play was excellent. Harkins was quiet the first half but he took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second. I think if he turns up we'll always be in a game but if he has an off day our creativity will be seriously lacking from midfield. Dykes took his goal very well.

- We limited Livi's chances. Unfortunately they scored from their only shots on target but at least we kept them down to two.

- I thought Bell put in a decent shift when he came on as well and Mercer looked vastly improved as well.

- Edited to add that our starting 11 (swap Todd for Murray) looks like it won't have a problem competing in the league.

Not sure what to make of the CB trialists. Mainly positive from both. I thought the first half one looked good. Comfortable on the ball, strong in the tackle and won most his headers. The only two negatives were he looked lost for the first goal amd he looks to be carrying a bit of weight but that can obviously be worked on. At the very least I hope he gets another shot but if it was keep or chuck based purely on tonight I'd sign him.

The second half one didn't have as much to do. He dealt with what he had to and was extremely vocal, giving instructions to the other defenders. Another one I hope gets another run out. Would also keep him. I expect it'll be one or the other.

Did we really struggle against Livi last season?

One defeat in four suggestions otherwise.

Yes only one win too but think we handled the beast that was Livi well last season compared to other teams.

Wasn’t there tonight but hearing Doyle was good. Rather him in than unknown players at this stage. Can’t take the gamble imo.

Did we really struggle against Livi last season?

One defeat in four suggestions otherwise.

Yes only one win too but think we handled the beast that was Livi well last season compared to other teams.

Wasn’t there tonight but hearing Doyle was good. Rather him in than unknown players at this stage. Can’t take the gamble imo.

Well, they handed our arses to us in the last meeting at Palmerston.

16 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

Who u wanting to do the interviews?  The social media is done by volunteers, unless we have anyone offering to do it, the club are struggling. Especially at this time of the year when people are holiday.  Out of interest, are loads of other clubs doing interviews and background pieces on other players? 

Dunfermline put plenty of content out during the off season, interviews with new signings, including the boys we've signed up from the academy, interviews with our sports scientist about pre season and how it's conducted, AJ would give interviews during points in pre season and now we've stared the games he gives an interview every Thursday as well as a post match interview. 

All of that helps keeps you informed and connected with the club, very decent.