The Queen of the South thread

Your friend is either winding you up, or you're winding QOS fans up. 
Theres absolutely zero chance Jason Kerr will be at QOS next season. There's zero chance we'll loan him out to any team below us in the league structure. He was our best CH last season and has been watched by numerous English Championship clubs for the past year. 

Why would I wind up supporters of my own club !! Only going by what a saints fan told me !!

Guest Flash
10 hours ago, JessieField said:

I'm sure if the Trust came up with funding (say £50,000) to finance some new blood for the team, they might be welcomed on board.

Is that a condition of being a board member? So, presumably, each member of the current board has paid in at least £50,000 to finance new blood for the team? So, how much exactly has each one paid in?

Or, are you saying that the current board members are only interested in an individual who has money and not a representative of the fans who, collectively, come up with far more than £50,000 every single season?

I'm sure if the Trust came up with funding (say £50,000) to finance some new blood for the team, they might be welcomed on board.
Not sure even that would make any difference. The Travel Club funded a player's wages a few years back.

No deal for Gary Mackenzie but we did enquire about him, there's only so much you can do to get players in and it's obvious GN is trying his hardest to get players on board. 

He also says we're probably looking at getting another striker in. Which I think will probably be a loan signing. 

Apparently there's a young Centre half coming up from England to play tonight for him to have a look at as well. 

4 hours ago, BeeJay said:

With the exception of the photo of GN and Jordan Marshall last week there is very little news/PR coming from the club. Almost every other club in our division do a far better job keeping their fans up to date. The odd photograph (A photograph or photo is an image created by light falling on a light-sensitive surface, usually photographic film or an electronic medium such as a CCD or a CMOS chip) of the players at pre season (surely someone up at Hamilton has, and can use, a camera), a report of how they are shaping up would be nice. I don't expect for one moment that GN is going to say who we are looking at signing but considering this is our Centenary Year the lack of information is concerning.

Maybe its because there is virtually nothing to report. The fact we built up a re-signing of a guy who is an ok lb but didnt want to stay tells me how much we are scraping the barrel for positive news. Whats the script with Todd? Is he injured? We arent far off having a decent starting 11 but if we get any injuries (which is inevitable) we are screwed. Its looking as though the loan market is the route we are going down as that can be the only explanation as to why we are leaving our business so late and arent looking at more trialists.

5 hours ago, BeeJay said:

With the exception of the photo of GN and Jordan Marshall last week there is very little news/PR coming from the club. Almost every other club in our division do a far better job keeping their fans up to date. The odd photograph (A photograph or photo is an image created by light falling on a light-sensitive surface, usually photographic film or an electronic medium such as a CCD or a CMOS chip) of the players at pre season (surely someone up at Hamilton has, and can use, a camera), a report of how they are shaping up would be nice. I don't expect for one moment that GN is going to say who we are looking at signing but considering this is our Centenary Year the lack of information is concerning.

He seems quite happy to tell the local paper

Billy runs a tight ship at Palmerston, he does what he has to do and that is about it. Communication could be a lot better and probably should be, but he is what we have. Until anyone else comes along we are going to be very much run the same way. There aren't very many prominent local businessmen with the funds that are needed for this level, but until a consortium comes along we need to rely on things like our Trust and any sort of charitable help we as fans can give the club.

“Communication could be a lot better”

The understatement of the decade

6 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Can’t comment on local media these days but online and nationally, it pains me to say this but much more communication came out of the club back in the dark days of Harkness !!! Jeez that’s saying something

U dont half talk shite! If there is nothing to report what r u wanting the club to post??? As for more communication in the Harkness days, shut up u clown. C*nts like u aren't happy unless ur moaning. 

14 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

U dont half talk shite! If there is nothing to report what r u wanting the club to post??? As for more communication in the Harkness days, shut up u clown. C*nts like u aren't happy unless ur moaning. 

Could do a player interview with new recruits about the season ahead or maybe do a background piece on harkins career with him being interviewed for qos tv. Maybe the manager or his number 2 could do a wee interview. One of the directors as well could be quoted on something concerning the future of the club. There is stuff that could be done but imagination, effort and time is needed to get stuff done. To be clear i am not holding it against the club. 

13 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Could do a player interview with new recruits about the season ahead or maybe do a background piece on harkins career with him being interviewed for qos tv. Maybe the manager or his number 2 could do a wee interview. One of the directors as well could be quoted on something concerning the future of the club. There is stuff that could be done but imagination, effort and time is needed to get stuff done. To be clear i am not holding it against the club. 

Who u wanting to do the interviews?  The social media is done by volunteers, unless we have anyone offering to do it, the club are struggling. Especially at this time of the year when people are holiday.  Out of interest, are loads of other clubs doing interviews and background pieces on other players? 

8 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

You must be one sad individual, how people like you get through life is a mystery

Because i've called you out on talking absolute shite??

Should have just ignored you after you claimed Jason Kerr was coming back to Palmerston:lol::lol:Your obviously a complete zoomer.