The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Didn’t enjoy playing under GN. Much like many young players I assume, considering the only one who remains is Owen Bell.

Leighfield and Murray are young players and are still there. 

Didn’t enjoy playing under GN. Much like many young players I assume, considering the only one who remains is Owen Bell.
Hmmm, I'm not sure you have an argument there. Marshall, Leighfield, Murray, Dykes, Mercer, Thomas and Thomson are all 23 or under and don't appear to have an issue playing under GN. Todd was probably still 23 when GN approached him to sign as well. If anything he's worked predominantly with younger players since coming in.

Disappointed to see Fergusson leave and wish him well. I doubt he was every going to be a 20 goal a season striker but I was impressed with his link-up play. We absolutely need another striker on board now.

Ferguson was a cheap option for the squad, wad never going to make championship fulltime standard if being truthful, gooduck to the lad tho for his future whatever path it takes. Replacing him will cost the club more money. But to have any chance next season (centenary) we need to spend a little more and attract better quality of player, we aren't that far away yet could be miles away just as easy..... 

After a very busy few days the Queens Trust is currently at 141 members. The draw for 4 Queen of the South FC season tickets is tonight. Last season at the draw we had 147. Not to late to join. Join today and help us reach last years total and be in with a chance of winning! 

Thank you to everyone that has already joined for their support!

54652B7E-8937-4971-9D58-1FC14A2ED685.jpeg

Edited by JTulip

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure you have an argument there. Marshall, Leighfield, Murray, Dykes, Mercer, Thomas and Thomson are all 23 or under and don't appear to have an issue playing under GN. Todd was probably still 23 when GN approached him to sign as well. If anything he's worked predominantly with younger players since coming in.

Disappointed to see Fergusson leave and wish him well. I doubt he was every going to be a 20 goal a season striker but I was impressed with his link-up play. We absolutely need another striker on board now.

The argument last season was that senior players refused to work with Naysmith.  So as long as all our new signings are between 25 and 30 we should be fine.

3 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

Gary McKenzie been told he can leave st mirren. Would go pick him up and bring him to palmy myself

It's looking like GN is going to use the League Cup as friendlies to find the players he needs to strengthen the side. Disappointing, but what else can he do?

Gary McKenzie been told he can leave st mirren. Would go pick him up and bring him to palmy myself
Given he was conpletely unmarked at every corner we conceded against St Mirren I'd be happy for him to sign if only to show our defence how you fecking mark properly.

1 hour ago, Bluenortherner said:

It's looking like GN is going to use the League Cup as friendlies to find the players he needs to strengthen the side. Disappointing, but what else can he do?

Unfortunately I think it's now more a case of finding adequate players (in terms of  number and ability)  to fill or cover the positions we are short in rather than actually being able to bring in the quality of player to significantly  strengthen the side.  Harkins and Todd are probably the limit of  "quality" signings of this close season, I'd be surprised if we have the cash to seriously upgrade too much from last season. 

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Unfortunately I think it's now more a case of finding adequate players (in terms of  number and ability)  to fill or cover the positions we are short in rather than actually being able to bring in the quality of player to significantly  strengthen the side.  Harkins and Todd are probably the limit of  "quality" signings of this close season, I'd be surprised if we have the cash to seriously upgrade too much from last season. 

But we dont know how much is spent on these wages or if there is a fee so its all speculation. Certainly its frustrating that we have some real quality in some areas of the pitch and in others we struggling to fill the position.

1 hour ago, weeredbook said:

How is the trusts relationship with the board and in  particular the chairman  going  ? .Is there still no easing on his stance regarding representation ? .

I'm sure if the Trust came up with funding (say £50,000) to finance some new blood for the team, they might be welcomed on board.

How is the trusts relationship with the board and in  particular the chairman  going  ? .Is there still no easing on his stance regarding representation ? .

The Chairman will continue to ignore all the hard work the Trust does to help promote the football club etc without even acknowledging them

Poor show Billy

Is it any wonder .....!!!!!

Billy runs a tight ship at Palmerston, he does what he has to do and that is about it. Communication could be a lot better and probably should be, but he is what we have. Until anyone else comes along we are going to be very much run the same way. There aren't very many prominent local businessmen with the funds that are needed for this level, but until a consortium comes along we need to rely on things like our Trust and any sort of charitable help we as fans can give the club.

With the exception of the photo of GN and Jordan Marshall last week there is very little news/PR coming from the club. Almost every other club in our division do a far better job keeping their fans up to date. The odd photograph (A photograph or photo is an image created by light falling on a light-sensitive surface, usually photographic film or an electronic medium such as a CCD or a CMOS chip) of the players at pre season (surely someone up at Hamilton has, and can use, a camera), a report of how they are shaping up would be nice. I don't expect for one moment that GN is going to say who we are looking at signing but considering this is our Centenary Year the lack of information is concerning.

38 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

With the exception of the photo of GN and Jordan Marshall last week there is very little news/PR coming from the club. Almost every other club in our division do a far better job keeping their fans up to date. The odd photograph (A photograph or photo is an image created by light falling on a light-sensitive surface, usually photographic film or an electronic medium such as a CCD or a CMOS chip) of the players at pre season (surely someone up at Hamilton has, and can use, a camera), a report of how they are shaping up would be nice. I don't expect for one moment that GN is going to say who we are looking at signing but considering this is our Centenary Year the lack of information is concerning.

41 photos from the Annan friendly.  Fill your boots.