The Queen of the South thread

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your friend is either winding you up, or you're winding QOS fans up. 

Theres absolutely zero chance Jason Kerr will be at QOS next season. There's zero chance we'll loan him out to any team below us in the league structure. He was our best CH last season and has been watched by numerous English Championship clubs for the past year. 

What clubs have been looking at kerr?

I hope he stays with you guys for another year (unless he came to us by some miracle) at least to continue his development before any big move south.

Edited by Doonhamer doon south

1 minute ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

What clubs have been looking at kerr?

I've no idea. Just been suggestions by those who do have sources at the club that he's been watched by clubs down there since he was on loan with you lot. Tommy Wright referenced the scouts in an interview a few months back aswell. 

11 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

If you click on the “live update” link for last nights match on the OS you get the 2012/13 shirt draw result!

It always goes to that on non match days. No idea why but it has since the day of that draw. There were no updates last night so presumably its just sitting on the default.

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It always goes to that on non match days. No idea why but it has since the day of that draw. There were no updates last night so presumably its just sitting on the default.

Will there be live match updates for the start of the season? Think it was mentioned on here the person who did do them will not be carrying it on. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. Normally the final score is on the site at full time so the link disappears but if you go to the Live updates page on any match day it shows the default.

Why? Laziness, most likely

38 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Will there be live match updates for the start of the season? Think it was mentioned on here the person who did do them will not be carrying it on. 

At the moment, there is likely to be some updates from home games and some away games. Its unlikely there will be updates from the likes of ICT or Ross County

GARY NAYSMITH admits Queen of the South need defensive help. The Doonhamers have lost Darren Brownlie to a cruciate injury for the first half of the season. Motherwell kid Adam Livingstone could join on loan, with gaffer Naysmith also eyeing a mystery New Zealander. He said: "Motherwell have high hopes for Adam and he has joined in with some of our pre-season so we can get a look at him. "A contact of mine has said a New Zealand Under-20 international is coming across to the UK to try and secure a professional contract. He is 6ft 4in tall and sounds the part, so I am keen to get him in to have a look"

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

GARY NAYSMITH admits Queen of the South need defensive help. The Doonhamers have lost Darren Brownlie to a cruciate injury for the first half of the season. Motherwell kid Adam Livingstone could join on loan, with gaffer Naysmith also eyeing a mystery New Zealander. He said: "Motherwell have high hopes for Adam and he has joined in with some of our pre-season so we can get a look at him. "A contact of mine has said a New Zealand Under-20 international is coming across to the UK to try and secure a professional contract. He is 6ft 4in tall and sounds the part, so I am keen to get him in to have a look"

Does he have Australian links ?  Wonder who'll offer to put him up in digs?

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hunter-ashworth/profil/spieler/400790 Certainly fits the bill

Thats a blow. Left us short of striker cover. Who is going to come in knowing they will be 3rd choice?  

I am surprised at that I must say. From the player's perspective it is not as though he has 4/5 strikers ahead of him in pecking order. Perhaps full time football isn't for him and good on him if he has come to that conclusion.

I must be honest and say that he didn't really give me the impression that he was a young player destined to make the grade but I haven't really seen enough of him to form a strong view either way. He certainly looked the part physically but I could never quite make up my mind what his striking attributes were.

It will be a blow to Club and GN because having to replace a cheap local option potentially with a player looking for a proper FT wage will eat into budget.

We have some quality but squad is threadbare and if we encounter our usual typical list of unexpected injuries we will be in trouble.

37 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I am surprised at that I must say. From the player's perspective it is not as though he has 4/5 strikers ahead of him in pecking order. Perhaps full time football isn't for him and good on him if he has come to that conclusion.

I must be honest and say that he didn't really give me the impression that he was a young player destined to make the grade but I haven't really seen enough of him to form a strong view either way. He certainly looked the part physically but I could never quite make up my mind what his striking attributes were.

It will be a blow to Club and GN because having to replace a cheap local option potentially with a player looking for a proper FT wage will eat into budget.

We have some quality but squad is threadbare and if we encounter our usual typical list of unexpected injuries we will be in trouble.

I was looking forward to a slow passing of the torch in dykes and fergusson beginning to lead the line. That obviously wont happen now but as you say its a shame we have lost local talent early again.