The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

I'm not sure phrases like "worth the wait" should be used for re-signing somebody who wanted to leave but couldn't find somewhere else - fair enough announce that a signing is coming but save the hype for when it is appropriate.

A bit misleading  to say he couldn't find anywhere else.  Ross County expressed a strong interest (according to press),  he was linked to Ayr Utd as well. I'm sure he would have had other offers. 

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:17, JessieField said:

Has Jordan Marshall signed for anybody yet? If we (and he) are still searching about, surely (unless we're too proud to ask) a deal could be mutually reached to re-sign him?

Glad both parties sorted out their deals. Welcome back Jordan.

To say it was OTT build-up is strange. One tweet (which didn't say new signing) about a player (who many were sad to not sign-up ) is hardly OTT imo. 

Waiting four hours for the club to announce the signing was the only issue at all. 

Atleast we are talking about the team and surely getting excited that the season is nearly here. Marshall coming back is only good news in my eyes.

We still need a right back, centre back, striker and midfielder.

But atleast we have a left back now and talking about positive things!!!

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Happy with him resigning and happy with the PR work. Shows the club do listen and read to what the fans say. 

I wish they wouldn't.

I'm glad I missed the anticipation around this today.  Like others, I was sorry to see him leave, so I'm pleased he's back. To give the 'news' such billing though is ludicrous.  We're not children for Christ's sake.

Personally I am delighted to see Marshall back in the fold. I don't believe for a minute that he couldn't find a club - he probably couldn't find a club that was compatible geographically and economically.

For me a player
who turned in 7/10 performances week after week in a position that is notoriously difficult to fill. One of the alternatives would be right footed Mercer at LB - I would take some convincing that this would be a better option?

Everybody entitled to their opinion of course but I honestly don't get the apathy towards Marshall.

I wish they wouldn't.
I'm glad I missed the anticipation around this today.  Like others, I was sorry to see him leave, so I'm pleased he's back. To give the 'news' such billing though is ludicrous.  We're not children for Christ's sake.

Twat

So, by my reckoning so far we have:

1. Martin
2. New signing required
3. Marshall
4. Fordyce
5. New signing required

7. Stirling
6. Jacobs
8. Harkins
11. Todd

9. Dykes
10. Dobbs

Subs

13. Leighfield
14. Mercer
15. Brownie
16. Bell
17. Murray
18. Fergusson
19. New midfielder required
20. New striker required

2 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

So, by my reckoning so far we have:

1. Martin
2. New signing required
3. Marshall
4. Fordyce
5. New signing required

7. Stirling
6. Jacobs
8. Harkins
11. Todd

9. Dykes
10. Dobbs

Subs

13. Leighfield
14. Mercer
15. Brownie
16. Bell
17. Murray
18. Fergusson
19. New midfielder required
20. New striker required

By my reckoning Scott Mercer is a RB so it would make some sort of sense if he was to play there. Brownlie would play CB but he’s obviously out till Christmas minimum. We need in my opinion a new CB (possibly another on loan), a CM, a RM and a striker.

Nat Wedderburn would be a decent option (if he’s still available). Big strong player who could play CM or CB