The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:
59 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:
Confirmation that Brownlie will be out until at least Christmas. Not exactly sounding too promising on the signing front either. Still bad news is better than no news.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/hard-work-starts-here-queens-12767840

Shame we had to read it in the Daily Record though.

If that was a pop at me then my response is that I wouldn't normally encourage people to read anything to do with that rag but I think they are affiliated with The Standard in some way.

If it was a pop at the club for not updating the OS and forcing us into reading rags like the Record, then I concur.

Guest Flash
51 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Confirmation that Brownlie will be out until at least Christmas. Not exactly sounding too promising on the signing front either. Still bad news is better than no news.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/hard-work-starts-here-queens-12767840

Says Brownlie is getting op at the end of the month. As he missed the Brechin game, presumably he was injured before that? Why the delay? Has it taken 2 months to figure out that he needs an op? That 2 months could be 9 games, or a quarter, during the season. Or was he only injured recently? 

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Says Brownlie is getting op at the end of the month. As he missed the Brechin game, presumably he was injured before that? Why the delay? Has it taken 2 months to figure out that he needs an op? That 2 months could be 9 games, or a quarter, during the season. Or was he only injured recently? 

I've no idea.  I don't think it can be a recent injury as there have been rumours for a while that he was injured and as you say he missed the Brechin game.  I don't know if players at our level go private for their operations or if they are just done on the NHS.  If it is the latter then he will have had to join the queue like the rest of us.

Some would say his injury is a blessing in disguise, but until reinforcements are found it is an injury to a position we can ill afford to be missing players.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

If that was a pop at me then my response is that I wouldn't normally encourage people to read anything to do with that rag but I think they are affiliated with The Standard in some way.

If it was a pop at the club for not updating the OS and forcing us into reading rags like the Record, then I concur.

It wasnt a pop at you.

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He was injured the day before the Brechin game but had to wait a few weeks for the swelling to go down so the injury could be properly assessed.

He will have to wait for his op on the NHS.?

Always thought Queens paid for private treatment for players but I suppose it will all be down to cost again  .

Alan Martin had to wait for a op in the NHS last season so Brownlie will be the same ..

Wonder if other teams in the Championship have private healthcare ?

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He was injured the day before the Brechin game but had to wait a few weeks for the swelling to go down so the injury could be properly assessed.

A few weeks   ? PROPERLY assessed  ? . For the swelling to go down ? .If  basic physio is applied  ie I.E.A. the swelling is down in 48 hours absolute  maximum  .

Are things that bad   ? …………………………………... Its basic stuff .

Edited by weeredbook

A few weeks   ? PROPERLY assessed  ? . For the swelling to go down ? .If  basic physio is applied  ie I.E.A. the swelling is down in 48 hours absolute  maximum  .
Are things that bad   ? …………………………………... Its basic stuff .

It seems to be !! Jeez player welfare and communication from the club were far superior back in the dark days of the 80’s !!

15 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

The D&G Standard and the Daily Record are both owned by 'Reach' formerly Trinity Mirror - hence the local stuff goes on the Daily Record 'Dumfries and Galloway' section.

It's one of my absolute pet hates. How hard would it be to let each individual paper have a more personalised section on the website...or even their own website?

If we had good depth to the squad I'd be very happy Brownlie wasn't going to feature for a while but as was said earlier, we really don't have that luxury. I expect a loan signing will fill the gap until January.

It would appear we did in fact offer Holt a deal then. He couldn't really turn down that opportunity for Cyprus though.

Not long until the season starts so hopefully GN gets some positive news next week.

John Robertson the Inverness manager thinks other clubs are trying to but success .

Ross County and Dundee United paying huge money for players  Falkirk binned their youth academy so they will put all funds  in to the first team so they will spend big . Partick and Dunfermline are paying players over £1000 a week .  

Robertson saying Queens Morton  Ayr and Inverness all pay similar money .

He is using Livi as a example of what can be done with a club with a small budget 

No wonder Joe Thomson and Mark Durnan  signed for Dunfermline we could not get anywhere near £1000 a week .

It is not just Naysmith who is finding it hard to sign players  can make more than double what Queens or even  Inverness  can offer them 

Edited by Northfield 53

17 hours ago, Mr X said:
17 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Shame we had to read it in the Daily Record though.

I read it in Friday's Standard so it was covered "locally".

I'm sure there was a similar discussion about who pays for players' treatment at the time Alan Martin was needing an op. The same criteria surely applies in Brownlie's case.