The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The visiting support will be much better albeit with costs taken off it won't be all that much. Livingston matches were police free. I doubt Thistle will be.

Yeah that mad crazy Thistle support, there always coming to town and completing sudokus, crosswords and pillaging.  :P

12 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

You also have to factor in that Thistle are likely to be a bigger challenge for the top four than Livingston

Last summer I'd have agreed, but given that Livingston finished second in their latest one year stint, it's hard to see that as a very strong argument.

14 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

You also have to factor in that Thistle are likely to be a bigger challenge for the top four than Livingston, at least if they make better use of their budget advantage.

Strange comment to make BdT, did you not follow last season?

I think he means it from the sense that you'd think Livingston on paper would be equals (and they were in terms of how we playedagainst them) rather than a bigger side who you expect to dominate possession and have much better technical players  like say Hibs or St Mirren.

8 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

10 years ago today!

Jim Thomson Cup final goal(1).jpg

One of the greatest moments in my 30 odd years of supporting QoS. And for the next 18 minutes there was genuine belief that we could actually win it.

Anyone got a link to the "You're not singing any more" video that was on YouTube? Can't find it.

35 minutes ago, Swarley said:

One of the greatest moments in my 30 odd years of supporting QoS. And for the next 18 minutes there was genuine belief that we could actually win it.

Anyone got a link to the "You're not singing any more" video that was on YouTube? Can't find it.

4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

10 years ago today!

Jim Thomson Cup final goal(1).jpg

That match and the semi-final before were to of the most exciting games I've ever been at.

10 years ago, wow feels like only last season!

Honestly that equaliser will live with me  for as long as I'm on this earth. The noise we made over the stunned gers fans when the ball hit the back of the net was breathtaking. Watching the highlights from that day and that goal in particular gives me this funny lump in my throat. Please Queens, I'm craving for another trip to Hampden. Let's have a cup run!

I have to admit that when I look at the highlights I always stop after the Rangers fans suffer that attack of laryngitis. Just to stay on that happy memory high !!!

Watched it last night and I still got goose bumps. I had of course watched the semi final first. 

Train down from Perth that day gave much amusement to the Aberdeen fans - strangely enough a lot quieter going home apart from the sound of some self flagellation.

(the Dons fans not me !!!)

--- happy days

1 minute ago, QoSinPerth said:

I have to admit that when I look at the highlights I always stop after the Rangers fans suffer that attack of laryngitis. Just to stay on that happy memory high !!!

Watched it last night and I still got goose bumps. I had of course watched the semi final first. 

Train down from Perth that day gave much amusement to the Aberdeen fans - strangely enough a lot quieter going home apart from the sound of some self flagellation.

(the Dons fans not me !!!)

--- happy days

The trains there and back from Perth were excellent on the day of the semi-final. On the way back my dad and I got talking to a couple of Aberdeen fans, who were very gracious in defeat. Both of those days will always stick in the memory, will we ever see it again?

The trains there and back from Perth were excellent on the day of the semi-final. On the way back my dad and I got talking to a couple of Aberdeen fans, who were very gracious in defeat. Both of those days will always stick in the memory, will we ever see it again?

I used to go on the MAD websites back then and their one wasn't as gracious as that. Bitter salty tears by today's standards. I prefer to remember the decent number who stayed back to applaud our players off.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:40, Steeplechat said:

You would of though that Macron must at least have a sample of all the shirts made up by now so the supporters can see what the strips look like rather than that sketches we saw at the shirt draw

There's a sample of the home shirt material version in the club shop now, albeit not cut into a shirt, just all printed on a very large piece of fabric in different sized shirts to show where names will be located on front and back of each size.

The locations will be different on each size of shirt but the same on every version of that size if that makes sense. All names appear to be on shirts about three times, though I guess there's inevitably more duplication on the biggest sizes than the smallest. Names are not where they appeared to be on the mock up poster. Found my name immediately above Arla on the back of the biggest size and towards top left of the front (looking at the shirt).

51 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's a sample of the home shirt material version in the club shop now, albeit not cut into a shirt, just all printed on a very large piece of fabric in different sized shirts to show where names will be located on front and back of each size.

The locations will be different on each size of shirt but the same on every version of that size if that makes sense. All names appear to be on shirts about three times, though I guess there's inevitably more duplication on the biggest sizes than the smallest. Names are not where they appeared to be on the mock up poster. Found my name immediately above Arla on the back of the biggest size and towards top left of the front (looking at the shirt).

Any chance of an uploaded picture of the new strip front and back. 

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any chance of an uploaded picture of the new strip front and back. 

I didn't take a full picture though I did take a photo of the parts on the XXXL where I could see my family's names. I tried to post one of those earlier but it was too big for the P&B size limit.

I conducted an interview with Nicky Clark for the Official DAFC Match-Day Programme at the end of last season. 

Amongst other things, Nicky spoke about his time with Queens. For anyone interested, you can find the story om my website:

Link.

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I conducted an interview with Nicky Clark for the Official DAFC Match-Day Programme at the end of last season. 

Amongst other things, Nicky spoke about his time with Queens. For anyone interested, you can find the story om my website:

Link.

Good article. Thanks for posting.