The Queen of the South thread

Stelios demetriou 27 year old full back released by Buddies. Would he be worth considering? 

He's probably the worst LB I saw this season. The fact he managed that in a Championship winning side speaks for itself.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Very average player. Wouldnt give him another moment's thought if I were you. Couldnt get a game for Livi.

Can back this up - average and greets when he has to sit on the bench. :D Queen's should take him back for another season

10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Stelios demetriou 27 year old full back released by Buddies. Would he be worth considering? 

Good championship player our manager nicknamed him The Maverick for good reason he made a few mistakes but did much much more good.

Worth considering. Great going forward and scored a few excellent goals for St Mirren. Championship is his level and could, if signed by us, become a cult hero at Palmerston also.

12 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Can you show the KOSB kit. I'm on the work computer and it wont let me go though the link. 

If you go to http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/ then go to the Scottish Clubs section, the clubs are in alphabetical order.  The Queen of the South section includes all of our home kits.  Fantastic reference point for looking at mainly domestic and some international kits.

12 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I was wondering if someone on here could give me a bit of feedback on Joe Thomson? What kind of player he is etc and if he is rated by you's lot.

Cheers!

^^^John Robertson's scouting methods

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just drove up Terregles St.  past Palmerston and noticed  all the murals on the outside walls have been removed. I was wondering when this happened and what the reason was.  

Would imagine it'll be replaced by centenary-related boards.

Also, big JT featured in a few of the murals, so draw what you will from that!

1 hour ago, BigRubberFist said:

Would imagine it'll be replaced by centenary-related boards.

Also, big JT featured in a few of the murals, so draw what you will from that!

I would hope,  despite recent events,  that Jim Thomson's service and achievements during his playing career with Queens isn't going to be air-brushed from the history books.  It would be a bit petty if every reference to him was removed. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I would hope,  despite recent events,  that Jim Thomson's service and achievements during his playing career with Queens isn't going to be air-brushed from the history books.  It would be a bit petty if every reference to him was removed. 

Here here.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I could be wrong but I thought I heard they were being moved to a different location in or on the Arena walls. Not sure if it was inside or outside.

Hope so. Nothing against the panels but imho that wall should be preserved as it was, without adornment. They might also be safer indoors somewhere or in a fenced off area?

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Nae chance.

Always remember going to get my Passport to Europe book signed by the big man JT up the High Street.

I asked him to sign it ..."Queens Legend"... he's writing this down...

"Captain fantastic" . ..still head down writing away...

"The one and only....." (He's still writing away but beaming like a lighthouse)....

"Andy Aitken!" 

Head pops up

I'll never forget the look  - thought he was going to lamp me one, then he just burst out laughing and signed it anyway.