The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Info is on my home computer. I'll add it later. Lyle finishes up still in 3rd though on 117 goals. Dobbie is 5th on 108 goals. He needs 13 more next season to take outright 2nd spot on the all time list. He'll surely manage that if he avoids serious injury.

Thanks

On 4/26/2018 at 21:57, Monkey Tennis said:

I quite like the away one.  I take it it's a nod to the kit worn by Dumfries FC before the First World War.

I'm more alarmed by the chequered flag thing going on in the home strip.  Is it just that one that'll feature the names of fans?

Sincere apologies Monkey Tennis, it seems you were correct and that the away shirt is that of Dumfries FC and not KOSB as myself and QOS stated,  this is from the historical kits website Twitter account.

Historical Kits @HistoricalKits 33m33 minutes ago

@OfficialQosFC Loving the new claret/amber change strip here at HFK Towers but this was not worn by 5th KOSB as stated on your website. These were the colours of Dumfries FC who merged with KOSB & Arrol-Johnstone to form QoS in 1919.

Edited by QOS1919

Dont know what folk have seen in Todd. In the 4 games I saw him he did diddly squat. Hope we dont go down that route! Im seeing a few ominous names on the punted list of clubs like St Mirren the kind we usually target. Im hoping we avoid the "solid" "can do a job" type plodders who fill our game and go for young vibrant players like Thomson to build the team around. Feck your John Suttons, Paul Watsons and Gary Irvines. 

46 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Josh Todd released by St Mirren, possible 1st Queens new signing for next season. 

Get him signed. Is he from Carlisle originally?

Didn't really do anything spectacular in the games I saw but I thought he added a lot to the balance of the midfield. Decent going forward and strong and hardworking back-the-way.

43 minutes ago, QOS1919 said:

Sincere apologies Monkey Tennis, it seems you were correct and that the away shirt is that of Dumfries FC and not KOSB as myself and QOS stated,  this is from the historical kits website Twitter account.

@OfficialQosFC Loving the new claret/amber change strip here at HFK Towers but this was not worn by 5th KOSB as stated on your website. These were the colours of Dumfries FC who merged with KOSB & Arrol-Johnstone to form QoS in 1919.

Where did Dumfries FC play? (Fingers crossed for us DG1ers after comments earlier in the thread)

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought he looked a bit unfit for us but even then he showed in glimpses he was capable. With a full pre-season behind him I'd expect a sharper player. I'd be more than happy if he signed.

This. I said during the Dundee Utd game that I'd be quite happy with 8 of that 11 starting next season, with (a fit) Martin in goal and a new centre half and right back. 

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Falkirk release Tom Taiwo, Paul Watson and Peter Grant amongst others. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if we signed any of these 3

I'd take pre-injury Peter Grant but if Falkirk have released him maybe thats an indication that he's not likely to return to that level :( Taiwo is a bit too similar to Jacobs but if we cant get Thomson he might be a decent signing. No to Watson though

I'd take pre-injury Peter Grant but if Falkirk have released him maybe thats an indication that he's not likely to return to that level [emoji20] Taiwo is a bit too similar to Jacobs but if we cant get Thomson he might be a decent signing. No to Watson though

With respect pre-injury Peter Grant would be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship. He was never the quickest however he has lost even more pace and his distribution is poor.

Watson can be excellent then throws in a howler. TT would tackle his granny but is injury prone and won’t give you anything going forward.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

With respect pre-injury Peter Grant would be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship. He was never the quickest however he has lost even more pace and his distribution is poor.

Watson can be excellent then throws in a howler. TT would tackle his granny but is injury prone and won’t give you anything going forward.

Yes, he would. I should probably have said "anywhere near that level".

7 hours ago, QOS1919 said:

Ah right.

I must admit that I was guessing in the first place - I just knew the colours were familiar from the early clubs.  Either way, it looks like a nice kit.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

9 hours ago, QOS1919 said:

Can you show the KOSB kit. I'm on the work computer and it wont let me go though the link. 

14 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I was wondering if someone on here could give me a bit of feedback on Joe Thomson? What kind of player he is etc and if he is rated by you's lot.

Cheers!

Very average player. Wouldnt give him another moment's thought if I were you. Couldnt get a game for Livi.

Currently out on deployment with the navy and been reading a few books, When charlie miller had left Brisbane Roar he was training with Rangers he fully expected to sign with them but it is believed David Murray Vetoed it, however he was good mates with kenny Brannigan and he was going to sign for Queens (after traing with us for a bit) he said he was offered £500 a week but the day before he signed Kenny had to phone him and say that we couldn't afford another player on £500 a week (it was Davie Rae that pulled the plug on this deal) found this quite interesting as he was a good player when fit.

Also in Archie Knox auto biography Ian Durrant  said he was interviewed for the Queens job and he believed he had it in the bag and he was going to bring Archie Knox in as his assistant i would have liked to see how that experiment would have worked. This was before he took the job at Dumbarton i believe! i wonder if this was when Fowler left or possibility Skelton anyone got any ideas or any other wee stories.

Found these small bits of info quite interesting as i have not heard anyone mention these story's before