The Queen of the South thread

£75000 for both to go so. Not going happen stuck with them sadly

I must admit I hadn't factored in the Asst Manager compensation. While it was reckless to offer any Manager a two and a half year deal it pales into insignificance when you add in the Asst Manager package. Let's be honest the probability of an Asst leaving in isolation
Is negligible so I am at a loss to understand why we would handcuff ourselves on a double edged basis. Unless I am missing something I don't see any upside for us.

The only way to alleviate some of the cost might be to offer Dobbie Player Manager for the same money that he is earning and thereby get two for the price of one but I have absolutely no idea if Dobbie would want the job or whether he has what it takes to be a Manager at this level.

Disappointed with the team. Obviously not there but when you have the home form record we have its easy to be disappointed with how this season has panned out. I am losing patience with Naysmith however looking to see what kind of start he can make next season. The team needs a makeover. I have liked some of Naysmiths signings and others have been disappointing. If, and this is probably a big if, he can build a decent team for next season we can maybe improve on next season. Difficult task considering the likely make up of next seasons league. Centenary year coming up, the BOD and the team need to honour it both on and off the pitch. This season has been disappointing but at least we are safe and can try again next year. 

Well well  well is that it????   talking about whether someone was off side or someone didn't do this or that.   The whole team in the first half was absolutely SHITE.   At least in the second half they had a go, however, Dobbie was was rubbish as was Lyle.   Queens were are absolute rubbish today and any body at the game did NOT expect them to score.    The really annoying thing is the Inverness and most teams against us this season have been rubbish  however, we have played to there strenghts and not to ours.       EVERY TEAM  Manager will have said to their team, just lob the ball in and see what happens because their midfield and defence are in absolute shambles.

Well thanks for that, the next time i go to the loo i will read that for deep serinity

Maybe read a book on grammar first.

A lot of chat on here regarding the clubs playing budget and lack of experience. Well the problem lays firmly at the door of the coaching staff. They have discarded experience from the squad in the last 18 months and replaced them with their own signings. The manager has great ability in saying the right things but cannot back this up on the field, he has said publicly the players are not carrying out instruction !! Who’s fault is that !! How he cannot coach basic defensive drills into full time professionals inexcusable !! The way the team is set up defies logic, in Dobbie he has the best forward in league by a country mile now surely you set up tactics and formations to get the best out of him but no we play him upfront more or less on his own and punt the high ball in. Any decent coach will play to his teams strength I.E. Livingston. If the present coaching staff are to continue the BOD really need to sit them down and analyse this season a discuss in depth the changes that are needed for next season.

From Jim Spence on twitter

Just back from @LiviFCOfficial What a job David Hopkin has done there on a budget of around 350K. Some lads on £200/250 a week looking for their chance to move and working like dervishes.

Queens budget is reportedly £400,000 :)

Just back from @LiviFCOfficial What a job David Hopkin has done there on a budget of around 350K. Some lads on £200/250 a week looking for their chance to move and working like dervishes.

Queens budget is reportedly £400,000 [emoji4]
Are we seriously believing that about the budget? Agreed though Hopkin has done a superb job. Bit of know how goes a long way.

Unfortunately can see next season budget slashed, lack of crowds this season as well as low league finish, as well as possible pay out to management team if board see fit and JT court compensation!! Centenary year should be great occasion not bad press and probably relegation unless someone can wave a magic wand and give the manager some money to bring in 2/3 class players to assist Dobbie, I Live in hope..

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Unfortunately can see next season budget slashed, lack of crowds this season as well as low league finish, as well as possible pay out to management team if board see fit and JT court compensation!! Centenary year should be great occasion not bad press and probably relegation unless someone can wave a magic wand and give the manager some money to bring in 2/3 class players to assist Dobbie, I Live in hope..

What case has JT got against the club ?

Queens budget is reportedly £400,000 [emoji4]

£400k including or not including Dobbie’s wage?

A lot of chat on social media about Queen’s “very low budget.” I’m going to try and bring some facts to the table if I can! If anyone can provide more details or more accurate info please do so!

Championship Budgets
7 Queens £400k
8 Livingston £350k
9 Dumbarton (presuming 2nd lowest)
10 Brechin (presuming it’s the lowest)

A full time footballer in this division won't be making £200. That's probably less than minimum wage.

Like you said it’s probably a youth player? Many in the first team? I’m not a Livi expert...