The Queen of the South thread

Today was dire. A three hour return journey to watch infantile defending is not something I am anxious to repeat anytime soon. I have tended to back Gary Naismith and his assistant as putting a good, competitive full time team out with our resources is no easy task.  What is losing Gary support is the fact that he was an international defender, and a good one, yet he can't manage to get through to our back four how to defend. The same errors week in. Watching him and Dougie in the dugout today one could clearly see their frustration at players either incapable or unwilling to follow instructions. But it is down to him to sort it. 

Watching him and Dougie in the dugout today one could clearly see their frustration at players either incapable or unwilling to follow instructions. But it is down to him to sort it. 

I wasn’t there today. But I’m recalling the away game at ICT where Naysmiths instruction to the defence from the touch line was “Get f****ing organised!”. Now I’m no expert but that doesn’t sound like the most constructive advice you could give a failing defence.

If that were to happen then which games you would you choose to attend? Next season looks like it could be tougher than this so just wondering how you would choose.

Well if it's the same rubbish next season both on and off the pitch I'll decide from fortnight to fortnight if I'd rather put money towards the circus or if I'd rather spend a Saturday afternoon doing something more enjoyable with my family.

Undecided about Naysmith but not sure switching managers is really going to be the answer. The fact that we’re in contention for a play off place up to a couple  of weeks ago  is not bad going (esp with current crowds and resources). He’s also been a bit unlucky with injuries and has managed to get a few good loan players in. However a massive problem for me is that some of the football has just been plain boring and the players don’t seem to be giving their all. Not sure how many matches I will actually attend next season and there’s been a quite a few matches this season that I’ve ended up finding something else to do.

With one home league game remaining, we have four wins so far.

How does this compare historically for Queens?  I think it's already been said that the Gus home record was better.  I'd imagine that the couple of great escape ones would have wound up better too.  How many home wins did we manage in the infamous 1988/89 season for instance?

It's weird in that we've had plenty worse seasons overall.  There really can't have been that many worse Palmerston ones though.

We have possibly the most talented player in the league.  The poor guy must wonder what he has ended up in. I have lost count of the times I have been at Palmerston to see him as the sole target man ,  shoved out towards the wing and expected to chase around  after lump balls from the back four or hopeful forward passes from an under-powered midfield. He must be having serious second thoughts about next season.

Guest TOPFITTER

Maybe there will be a new manager at Palmerston next season, surely part of the contracts nowadays are performance related !!!

Well if it's the same rubbish next season both on and off the pitch I'll decide from fortnight to fortnight if I'd rather put money towards the circus or if I'd rather spend a Saturday afternoon doing something more enjoyable with my family.

That's fair enough. I just thought you meant you would only go and watch us against certain teams, so was wondering who. Agree with you 100% there, after 90 minutes of utter dross I always have the same thought that I could have been doing something with family.
Saturday's are ruining me, wake up buzzing that it's football day and end up going home in a right bad mood.

14 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Maybe there will be a new manager at Palmerston next season, surely part of the contracts nowadays are performance related !!!

He should have been sacked after the East Kilbride game then.

That's fair enough. I just thought you meant you would only go and watch us against certain teams, so was wondering who. Agree with you 100% there, after 90 minutes of utter dross I always have the same thought that I could have been doing something with family.
Saturday's are ruining me, wake up buzzing that it's football day and end up going home in a right bad mood.

Nah, I work 2 out of 3 Saturday's now so a free Saturday isn't as frequent as it once was. Watching yet another shite display today I asked myself if I couldn't be doing something better. I'm certainly not a gloryhunter, I never missed a home game the season we went down but paying £16 to watch what is almost amateur quality defending is seriously starting to piss me off. If we were doing the basics but still getting beat I really wouldn't be so angry. Though having said that, I genuinely burst out laughing after the second goal. It's utterly embarrassing how bad we are at crosses that if I didn't laugh I'd probably cry!

You have more faith than me if you wake up buzzing [emoji14] I'm practically dragging myself to Palmerston just now unfortunately.

Silly question time - big discussion in new stand today - can you be off side if the ball does not cross the half way line?

Did something happen today? The only thing I can think of is, (and i looked it up) is say for example, Dobbie is just in their half and offside and
the ball gets played to him but a defender intercepts the ball just before it goes past the way line but then Dobbie runs towards the defender and prevents them from playing the ball or clearly obstructs the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which deceives or distracts an opponent, then they are judged as offside.
Hope that's helpful.

Well well  well is that it????   talking about whether someone was off side or someone didn't do this or that.   The whole team in the first half was absolutely SHITE.   At least in the second half they had a go, however, Dobbie was was rubbish as was Lyle.   Queens were are absolute rubbish today and any body at the game did NOT expect them to score.    The really annoying thing is the Inverness and most teams against us this season have been rubbish  however, we have played to there strenghts and not to ours.       EVERY TEAM  Manager will have said to their team, just lob the ball in and see what happens because their midfield and defence are in absolute shambles.