The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Can't compare Jack Ross to Gary Naysmith .

Ross is at a massive club compared to Queens.

Ross like most of the club's in the Championship  will have 3 times the budget Naysmith has .

Never going to happen but would Jack Ross do a better job at Queens than Gary Naysmith with the budget he has to work with ..

James Fowler never did a better job than Naysmith he must be amazed at how much Ross has to spend compared to what he had at Queens . ..

Huge costly gamble to get rid of Naysmith could we attract someone better last time on the shortlist was Iain Durrant and Barry Ferguson  are they better than Naysmith 

Please God, no............

I am not completely convinced by the budget argument - it is a huge consideration but I still think the underlying quality of the Manager is almost equally important within reason.

Dundee United have the biggest budget by far and they are in a distant 4th spot.

Falkirk have the third biggest budget and they are 7th.

Inverness have the 4th biggest budget and they are 8th.

Livvy have the 8th biggest budget and they are second.

The point I am making is that it is entirely possible to seriously outperform your perceived status if you can unearth a gem of a Manager. Equally a big budget will not necessarily turn a poor Manager into a success. That is evident from the foregoing Championship stats.

It is not easy to find these individuals before they become "hot property" but it is possible.

11 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It is not easy to find these individuals before they become "hot property" but it is possible.

Yes, but even then it involves a degree of guesswork and relies on a degree of luck.

St Mirren had spent some time getting it wrong before they got it right.

I agree with your point, but I think it's a terribly inexact science.

Guest TOPFITTER

Before consigning Leighfield to the Goalkeepers Graveyard just look back to Calum Antell now with Edinburgh City !!!!! Give the Lad a chance it's not as if we will be challenging for the SPFL Premier League any time soon he will be ready if and when we do.

Slightly O/T but does the land that's being built on next the King George belong to Queens? If so, have we sold it or will the club benefit from the rent? I was told we'd also sold the bit of ground next to the arena that's being built on?

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Slightly O/T but does the land that's being built on next the King George belong to Queens? If so, have we sold it or will the club benefit from the rent? I was told we'd also sold the bit of ground next to the arena that's being built on?

I don't know this, but my guess would be that the club doesn't benefit from the construction at King George's.  That project was earmarked long before Queens took over the nearby sports facility from the council.

Utterly embarrassing. It appears that even though he's the one who's been fucked over (pardon the pun) he's still the one who's being made to be the bad one. The sooner the real culprits at our club are gone, the better.

Which may in turn see an increase in gates at Palmy.