The Queen of the South thread

What is the latest on Dobbie injury. I hoping he fit for Tuesday but if not then Saturday. I travelling up for Livi game and the drive will be a lot better knowing he fighting fit and ready. 

It was a surprise it took as long as it did for that question to be asked last night!

They hoped he will be back for Livi. Tuesday is probably too soon.

It was a knock to the knee rather than any ligament damage etc. So nothing too serious.

Just now, palmy_cammy said:

It was a surprise it took as long as it did for that question to be asked last night!

It was a knock to the knee rather than any ligament damage etc. So nothing too serious.

Oh excellent. I hope Lyle starts as well on that Saturday. It might be my last chance to see him in a queens shirt. If, big miracle if now, we make the playoffs I try come up the road but Saturday looks like my last game this season. 

4 hours ago, overthetop said:

Dreadful fall off in home support this season with only 852 in attendance today. Does the manager take any responsibility for this?

The St Mirren supporters was under 1000. So if it was say 888,  then 1014 Queens fans. Still not good.

8 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Use the old junior trick ,bandage up the good leg :thumsup2

Albeit we weren`t exactly a thrilling watch I think Kane and Kerr both being recalled to St Johnstone was a significant blow to us. That of course is the risk you have in relying on loan players. Kane in particular seemed to have hit some decent form and we`ve missed his goals, pace and workrate. Kerr was decent defensively and was a decent goal threat too.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Repost from the Saints thread - we are currently eight points better off than Hibs were this time last season.

2VurE4L.png

Pinched from the St Mirren thread where it was used to highlight their remarkable turnaround.

From our perspective I suppose it shows things perhaps aren't quite as bad as made out.  We are three points better off than at this stage last season, and with a game less played.  We are a place lower in the table, but are closer to fourth place than last season.  Goal difference is marginally better.

I suppose all it really confirms is that Naysmith hasn't take us backwards, but he hasn't taken us forwards either.

Guest Flash
17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Pinched from the St Mirren thread where it was used to highlight their remarkable turnaround.

From our perspective I suppose it shows things perhaps aren't quite as bad as made out.  We are three points better off than at this stage last season, and with a game less played.  We are a place lower in the table, but are closer to fourth place than last season.  Goal difference is marginally better.

I suppose all it really confirms is that Naysmith hasn't take us backwards, but he hasn't taken us forwards either.

You can’t really use the points total or goal difference as a comparison given that 9 of our points and 6 of the goal difference have come against Brechin.

You can’t really use the points total or goal difference as a comparison given that 9 of our points and 6 of the goal difference have come against Brechin.

Still got to beat what's in front of you and we could easily have lost that 1-0 game. We went 8 games undefeated in the league at the start of last season against the likes of Dundee United, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Hibs and St Mirren.
I know we then went and lost 7 in a row and didn't win in 12 but it's a fair comparison.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Still got to beat what's in front of you and we could easily have lost that 1-0 game. We went 8 games undefeated in the league at the start of last season against the likes of Dundee United, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Hibs and St Mirren.
I know we then went and lost 7 in a row and didn't win in 12 but it's a fair comparison.

Comparing the points totals in seasons when there is a team that is canon fodder in one of them and not the other doesn’t produce a meaningful result. End of. Every team’s points total this season has been inflated compared with last season due to the presence of Brechin.

Comparing the points totals in seasons when there is a team that is canon fodder in one of them and not the other doesn’t produce a meaningful result. End of. Every team’s points total this season has been inflated compared with last season due to the presence of Brechin.

We could look at it a bit different then? The teams who were in the league last season and are still here are Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Dundee United, Dumbarton and Morton. In the 36 games last season we got less points against Falkirk and Dumbarton compared to now and we've still to play Falkirk again. 1 point better off against Falrkirk with 1 game to play and 4 points better off against Dumbarton. We've the same points tally against Dunfermline and Morton, but both of which we still play again so can still better the point tally against them than last season.
We're only worse off against 2 sides and that's Dundee United and St Mirren.

58 minutes ago, Flash said:

That isnt true though. There wasnt one cannon fodder team last season, there were four, including us. Over the course of the season, St Mirren, us, Raith and Morton all went on horrific runs. Over the first three quarters those sides picked up 9 points, compared to Brechins 4 this season. Thats a difference of 5 points spread over the rest of the league.

If you extend it to look at the bottom 3, the worst 3 teams over each quarter last season picked up 54 points, compared to 48 this season. Thats only 6 points spread over every other team.

Guest Flash
27 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

We could look at it a bit different then? The teams who were in the league last season and are still here are Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Dundee United, Dumbarton and Morton. In the 36 games last season we got less points against Falkirk and Dumbarton compared to now and we've still to play Falkirk again. 1 point better off against Falrkirk with 1 game to play and 4 points better off against Dumbarton. We've the same points tally against Dunfermline and Morton, but both of which we still play again so can still better the point tally against them than last season.
We're only worse off against 2 sides and that's Dundee United and St Mirren.

You can do it whatever way you like. All I’m saying is you can’t compare the points total from  a season where there is a mid-table League 1 side in it which has no wins with one where there isn’t. Possibly the best way will be to wait until the end of the season and see where we finish.

16 minutes ago, Mr X said:

That isnt true though. There wasnt one cannon fodder team last season, there were four, including us. Over the course of the season, St Mirren, us, Raith and Morton all went on horrific runs. Over the first three quarters those sides picked up 9 points, compared to Brechins 4 this season. Thats a difference of 5 points spread over the rest of the league.

If you extend it to look at the bottom 3, the worst 3 teams over each quarter last season picked up 54 points, compared to 48 this season. Thats only 6 points spread over every other team.

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about in the first paragraph. The table shows roughly the points each team had after the first three quarters and none of them had 9 points. Even if it was 9 each, that is still 27 points compared with 4. They all may have had bad spells, but that isn’t the same as one team which is entirely incapable of winning over the course of 3 quarters of the season and which has taken 4 points from all the others. All the teams mentioned were capable of beating the others. Up to the time of this exercise, Brechin aren’t.

Anyway, I’m not disputing the conclusion or saying there is no comparison. Just that comparing points totals is meaningless in the circumstances.

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

You can do it whatever way you like. All I’m saying is you can’t compare the points total from  a season where there is a mid-table League 1 side in it which has no wins with one where there isn’t. Possibly the best way will be to wait until the end of the season and see where we finish.

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about in the first paragraph. The table shows roughly the points each team had after the first three quarters and none of them had 9 points. Even if it was 9 each, that is still 27 points compared with 4. They all may have had bad spells, but that isn’t the same as one team which is entirely incapable of winning over the course of 3 quarters of the season and which has taken 4 points from all the others. All the teams mentioned were capable of beating the others. Up to the time of this exercise, Brechin aren’t.

Anyway, I’m not disputing the conclusion or saying there is no comparison. Just that comparing points totals is meaningless in the circumstances.

Brechin have been bottom of the form table all season. They have picked up 4 points. Last season, St Mirren were bottom of the form table in the first quarter, picking up 4 points. We were bottom in the second quarter, with 2 points and Raith were bottom in the third quarter with 3 points = 9 points compared with Brechins 4 (split 2 - 1 - 1). None of those teams were any more capable of beating the others, for those particular periods, than Brechin have been all season.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Josh Todd joins Queens on an emergency loan. Ie, we've played you four times, and you have three games yet to play against our closest rivals. Shrewd move, IMO.

I hope he scores fucking tonnes for you!

Where you hearing this or am I being woooooshed?

Edited by Hawk