The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash

The way our crowds are going, we’ll soon be able to fit all the home fans into the away section of the East Stand. So not sure why they are making it difficult for away fans to attend when there will be plenty of room.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

The way our crowds are going, we’ll soon be able to fit all the home fans into the away section of the East Stand. So not sure why they are making it difficult for away fans to attend when there will be plenty of room.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yet not surprising in the slightest.

2 hours ago, overthetop said:

Exactly seems a bizarre decision.

Very disappointing  indeed.

To be honest, how many times have we went into the home end at Queens away games? I do it every time at Hamilton and Greenock.

Queens are mad doing this though!

I've never been in the home end at an away game tbh. Why would you do that?

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've never been in the home end at an away game tbh. Why would you do that?

I go to games sometimes with a mate who supports another Championship team and we have a deal where we go to the Home section whoever is at home.

Oh for a Steve McKenna, Paul Burns or a Steve Bowey in midfield. The number of times on Tuesday night our players were beaten in 50/50 tackle was appalling. Too easily brushed aside, even Jacobs surprisingly for me (unless he had run out of steam by the second half!)

3 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Oh for a Steve McKenna, Paul Burns or a Steve Bowey in midfield. The number of times on Tuesday night our players were beaten in 50/50 tackle was appalling. Too easily brushed aside, even Jacobs surprisingly for me (unless he had run out of steam by the second half!)

One of the great QOS myths IMHO.

Bowey was a fine player for us and an incredible athlete. He was not a great tackler though.

On 3/14/2018 at 13:19, Mr X said:

Already been deleted from Facebook and complaints made, apparently. So this is definitely not the place to re-post or discuss in any detail

Sound. 

10 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Aye, Paul Burns the midfield enforcer who was never brushed off the ball. 

Aye, Paul Burns the midfield enforcer who was never brushed off the ball. 

He was great for us, he was shite for you in the same way the league's top goalscorer (if not for God) was rubbish for you. Certain players fit certain clubs, move on already.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He was great for us, he was shite for you in the same way the league's top goalscorer (if not for God) was rubbish for you. Certain players fit certain clubs, move on already.

Touchy. 

Even accounting for that he was absolutely shite for us, I'm still trying to figure out when Paul Burns was ever a midfield enforcer. He was never a big guy either and on of his many faults for us was that bigger players just brushed him aside. It'd be hilarious to see Burns out muscle someone tbf. 

Touchy. 
Even accounting for that he was absolutely shite for us, I'm still trying to figure out when Paul Burns was ever a midfield enforcer. He was never a big guy either and on of his many faults for us was that bigger players just brushed him aside. It'd be hilarious to see Burns out muscle someone tbf. 

I'm only touchy because you seem to appear any time someone says something positive about him. He was predominantly a RM for us but played a few games in the middle and I don't think he ever backed out of a tackle. For his physique he was a solid wee player, he was rarely brushed aside.

He wasn't up to it in the top tier but at our level he was a quality midfielder. In the same way Reilly is a quality striker.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

McKenna, Burns and Bowey were all completely different types of player.  All three would be starters in this current squad.

I’m surprised I’m not a starter in this current squad.

Please don't let the Queens v Falkirk game on April 3rd clash with the European Champions League match between Liverpool and Man City....... it will leave a terrible impression of British Football to see empty spaces in the crowd at Liverpool.....