The Queen of the South thread

Just now, QoS_1919 said:

Think he was from N. Ireland and went to PNE after us.

No, he was Irish buthe was on loan to us from PNE. Looked decent but as far as I know he never made any other senior breakthrough. Vaguely think he might have been scuppered by serious injury.

No, he was Irish buthe was on loan to us from PNE. Looked decent but as far as I know he never made any other senior breakthrough. Vaguely think he might have been scuppered by serious injury.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was only 11 years old at the time so I wasn't far away ha!

Guest Flash

Looking at our home form and comparing it with the season we were relegated

This season - 17 points from the first 13 home games. 9 games v full-time teams, 4 v part-time teams.

Relegation season - 16 points from first 13 home games.  12 games v full-time teams, 1 v part-time.

It is arguable that our home form is currently worse than it was in the season we were relegated, although we are 1 point better off. So, we are trying to finish in the top 4 with the home form of a relegated team. And that team didn’t have Dobbie in it. 

Obviously I don't know if it's true, but everyone likes a bit of gossip right? If you have facebook go look at Victoria Thomsons status.
Deary me. Wtf is going on. Just seen it there.

On 11/03/2018 at 14:35, Skyline Drifter said:

Not promising this is comprehensive but, by season and I think these are loan players:

2000-01: Stewart Greacen (3 games, 0 goals), Stuart King (6 games, 1 goal)
2001-02: Craig Feroz (10 games, 5 goals), Murray McDowall (2 games, 0 goals), Martin Glancy (4 games, 0 goals), Derek Lyle (13 games, 6 goals)
2002-03: Paul Shields (17 games, 3 goals), Robbie Neilson (17 games, 0 goals), Robbie Henderson (3 games, 0 goals), Steven Renicks (7 games, 0 goals)
2003-04: Paul McMullan (14 games, 0 goals), Craig Samson (12 games)
2004-05: Craig Samson (1 game)
2005-06: Shaun Dillon (7 games, 0 goals), Ryan McStay (14 games, 0 goals), Graeme Weir (15 games, 2 goals),
2006-07: Barry Callaghan (11 games, 0 goals), Dermot McCaffrey (11 games, 0 goals), Andrew Barrowman (12 games, 0 goals), Craig Hinchcliffe (5 games), Jamie MacDonald (16 games), Willie Gibson (5 games, 0 goals), Jamie Adams (13 games, 3 goals), Stevie Murray (14 games, 2 goals)
2007-08: David Bingham (18 games, 0 goals), Jamie Mole (10 games, 0 goals), Neil McGowan (4 games, 0 goals), Jamie Adams (1 game, 0 goals), David Nixon (2 games, 0 goals), John Stewart (21 games, 3 goals), Robert Campbell (4 games, 0 goals),
2008-09: Cammy Bell (19 games), Jamie Adams (6 games, 0 goals), Craig Sives (12 games, 0 goals), Steven Kinniburgh (2 games, 0 goals), Lee Robinson (18 games),
2009-10: Dennis Wyness (8 games, 2 goals), Jordan McMillan (16 games, 0 goals), Marvin Andrews (2 games, 0 goals), Joe Hammil (6 games, 0 goals)
2010-11: Ryan Conroy (14 games, 3 goals)
2011-12: John Potter (13 games, 0 goals)
2012-13: No loan players
2013-14: Zander Clark (29 games), Bob McHugh (15 games, 4 goals). Lewis Kidd (6 games, 0 goals)
2014-15: Zander Clark (39 games), Greg Kiltie (3 games, 0 goals)
2015-16: Andrew Murdoch (10 games, 1 goal), Alex Harris (27 games, 4 goals), Liam Coogans (3 games, 0 goals)
2016-17: Connor McManus (4 games, 0 goals), Dom Thomas (18 games, 3 goals), Joe Thomson (17 games, 4 goals)
2017-18: Chris Kane (20 games, 5 goals), Jason Kerr (19 games, 5 goals), Myles Beerman (4 games, 0 goals), Kyle Cameron (4 games, 0 goals), Curtis Lyle (0 games), Dom Thomas (4 games, 1 goal), Joe Thomson (8 games, 0 goals), Nikolay Todorov (4 games, 0 goals)

So from that the most is indeed Derek Lyle with 6 goal in 2002. Craig Feroz, Jason Kerr and Chris Kane all have 5. Bob McHugh and Alex Harris got 4 goals which is what both Dom Thomas and Joe Thomson have to date. Jamie Adams, Paul Shields, John Stewart and Ryan Conroy have 3.

Although as we all know every other goal pales into insignificance next to John Stewart's winner against Aberdeen so he wins by default!

Looks pretty  ‘comprehensive’ to me!  Some ‘blasts from the past’ there, and scarily a few I have no recollection of. But John Stewart I do remember!!!! 

58 minutes ago, Flash said:

Looking at our home form and comparing it with the season we were relegated

This season - 17 points from the first 13 home games. 9 games v full-time teams, 4 v part-time teams.

Relegation season - 16 points from first 13 home games.  12 games v full-time teams, 1 v part-time.

It is arguable that our home form is currently worse than it was in the season we were relegated, although we are 1 point better off. So, we are trying to finish in the top 4 with the home form of a relegated team. And that team didn’t have Dobbie in it. 

Well that's an eye opener of a stat. Lucky we got Brechin and struggling Dumbarton in the league.

42 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Already been deleted from Facebook and complaints made, apparently. So this is definitely not the place to re-post or discuss in any detail

It’s still there? Some carry on anyway.

Anyone got the link to the documentary she appeared in?

15 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Why not?

I'm sure you like most on here know both parties involved. This or any other social media site is not where things should be posted. There is a bigger picture with young kids involved and school playgrounds can be cruel places.

If you're that bothered about finding out why don't you go and speak to the individuals.

FWIW I'm not taking any side. Sadly divorce is now very common, some will be clean some will be messy.

18 minutes ago, overthetop said:

No change from the club then it seems on selling tickets to away fans on Saturday. Or a reason for the decision.

Surely we need to be getting every last paying customer through the door and making it as easy as possible for them to see a game?