The Queen of the South thread

Jesus, you're responding to everyone and you weren't even there? It was one of the worst games of football at Palmerston in years. Maybe back off on this occasion because after that 'display' today folk are entitled to be pissed off.

So? What's your point? It is a forum after all.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

So? What's your point? It is a forum after all.

My point was made in my original response.

Exactly the reason why our fans are awful and probably have one of the worst

You're either a poor wind-up merchant or you have a right chip on your shoulder regarding our support, which is extremely bizarre.

You're either a poor wind-up merchant or you have a right chip on your shoulder regarding our support, which is extremely bizarre.

But it is a forum and I can reply to as many people as I like. If people replying to more than 1 person annoys you then maybe P&B isn't for you?
Nah, neither actually. We just have one of the worst fan base going in recent years.

But it is a forum and I can reply to as many people as I like. If people replying to more than 1 person annoys you then maybe P&B isn't for you?
Nah, neither actually. We just have one of the worst fan base going in recent years.

I don't care who you respond to but if you never witnessed that debacle yesterday you're in absolutely no position to comment yet you still feel the need to do so.

I think you're the only one who consistently demonstrates this might not be the place for you. The last time you were shot down for a daft comment you spat the dummy and had a pop at our fans. You seem to be doing the same here. Maybe you should be more open to discussion rather than being so aggressive with your views. The majority of our posters have sensible discussions on here, I've yet to see you participate in such a way and ironically you're the one spouting nonsense about our fans [emoji38]

I don't care who you respond to but if you never witnessed that debacle yesterday you're in absolutely no position to comment yet you still feel the need to do so.

I think you're the only one who consistently demonstrates this might not be the place for you. The last time you were shot down for a daft comment you spat the dummy and had a pop at our fans. You seem to be doing the same here. Maybe you should be more open to discussion rather than being so aggressive with your views. The majority of our posters have sensible discussions on here, I've yet to see you participate in such a way and ironically you're the one spouting nonsense about our fans [emoji38]

Funnily enough, fans who don't attends games or even just miss a handful are entitled to comment as well. I've missed 2 games this season, home and away.
The forum is good for people who can't go to a game. Don't you realise that? Or you clearly just think that if you miss a game then you can't comment.
My comment was about the booing in general not just yesterday.
You saying that someone who didn't attend the game yesterday is in absolutely no position to comment is laughable to say the least.
Me saying that our fans are one of the worst wasn't aggressive, would you have preferred a smiley face after my post?
There's nothing ironic about it, I support the club like everyone else, just don't have much time for certain fans which I'm entitled to.
I'd rather moan about fans on here than boo a 20 year old at the game. I'd rather get behind a player than cause him worry every time he's about to cross the ball because he knows he's going to get ridiculed. Which 9 times out of 10 will cause him to make a mistake.

Deary me, that latest interview from Naysmith is absolutely shocking.  I hope someone pulls him up on it at the AGM tomorrow, assuming he’s going. Criticising the fans who do pay their hard earned cash  is never acceptable in my opinion. 

Here you go mate..... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Deary me, that latest interview from Naysmith is absolutely shocking.  I hope someone pulls him up on it at the AGM tomorrow, assuming he’s going. Criticising the fans who do pay their hard earned cash  is never acceptable in my opinion. 

Hope you were at the game yesterday or you better delete this...

I was watching online and you couldn't tell from there any booing of our own players. There was a slight groan when Dykes passed the ball back to Leighfield but that was all I heard.

I would blame GN if Murray is getting booed. It was bizarre to see him start and if he clearly isn't ready why doesn't he get more limited game time to get him going, rather than being thrown in at the deep end when there are other options. To be fair to the fans I think it takes a while for them to reach that conclusion, and especially with "one of our own." Its not like he was being booed in his first ever start & poor performance.

Its the same story all season. The occasional good performance gets our hopes up a bit but we're soon back to another poor game. We're only six points away from fourth so we can still finish there if we get a run going. But does anyone believe Naysmith can get a run going?

A pars fan on the other thread said "its obvious we're getting to the end of AJ's reign" and I wonder with the lack of progress if the same is starting to happen with us. GN definitely did well enough last season to stay on but this season is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Edited by BIGdavieT

Funnily enough, fans who don't attends games or even just miss a handful are entitled to comment as well. I've missed 2 games this season, home and away.
The forum is good for people who can't go to a game. Don't you realise that? Or you clearly just think that if you miss a game then you can't comment.
My comment was about the booing in general not just yesterday.
You saying that someone who didn't attend the game yesterday is in absolutely no position to comment is laughable to say the least.
Me saying that our fans are one of the worst wasn't aggressive, would you have preferred a smiley face after my post?
There's nothing ironic about it, I support the club like everyone else, just don't have much time for certain fans which I'm entitled to.
I'd rather moan about fans on here than boo a 20 year old at the game. I'd rather get behind a player than cause him worry every time he's about to cross the ball because he knows he's going to get ridiculed. Which 9 times out of 10 will cause him to make a mistake.

I've missed a few games this season and in those instances I'll check the match forum to get an idea how we performed. I'm not stupid enough to question folks take on the performance though, because I wasn't there. You had a go at a guy who said Dobbie was our only threat by responding we had 4 attacking players on. The attacking players you mentioned did nothing. You then questioned what Dobbie did during the game in a negative manner. You never witnessed the game so are in absolutely no position to have a pop at folk for criticising the display they witnessed.

As if to demonstrate my point you're having a pop at our fans yet again for "booing a 20 year old at the game". It never happened in the way it's being portrayed and had you been there you'd be in a position to make your own assessment of it but instead you've chosen to believe what GN said and use it in your argument.

Laughable probably isn't the correct word to use actually. You're correct. Someone commenting on a game they never attended isn't laughable, it's completely stupid.

At least it took the emphasis away from him ballsing it up with the line-up. Again, I never heard Connor getting booed as such. After another failed attempt at a cross with no pressure on him the fans got pissed off and had a grumble but no matter what age the player is, fans will start to get frustrated after numerous attempts. If he had replaced Murray earlier the frustration wouldn't have got to that level. Surely GN need to realise the boy shouldn't have started in the first place? He's not giving the boy any protection if he continues playing him when he clearly (currently) out of his depth. Yet he dropped one of our youngsters who has eased into the first team nicely.

The telling sign for me that the fans weren't having a pop at Murray was when he was subbed. Sadly I've seen it numerous times, fans ironically cheering a poor performing player off the park. I never heard that when Murray was subbed and in fact he received a few applauds instead.

We did have 4 attacking players on though? So I didn't have "a go at a guy." He mentioned we didn't have enough attackers and I pointed out the obvious that we had 4 starting. It wasn't about the players, it was about GN's starting 11 and I said that I thought 4 was enough to start with.
You must read everything aggressively or negatively in your head because all I asked was what Dobbie did.
Once again, there's a difference between having a pop and me saying what I feel.
Well no, I'm not going on just what GN said (which I do believe) but I'm going on what 5 of my pals who I attend the game with said.
You're absolutely terrible for making assumptions on what I've did or what I think.

Once again Naysmith has picked a negative team with Dobbie up front himself no wonder the home crowd is down from last season

Firstly I agree with you.

As some have said it is not the fact that the Manager doesn't pick attacking players it is the fact that his line up always appears to have a negative approach. Yesterday he should surely have played Dykes on the shoulder of the last defender chasing and harrying the central defenders leaving Dobbie to use his guile and craft feeding off the second balls and knock downs. Instead of that Dykes is played as an attacking midfielder leaving Dobbie to chase all manner of "lost cause" punts burning energy and frustrating him in equal measure.

If keeping us relatively safe in a distant mid table position is a success then the objective is likely to be achieved. I think three factors have helped us to achieve that - Dobbie's individual brilliance and two unexpectedly poor seasons from Falkirk and ICT.

We had nothing to lose y'day, we beat this team 5-2 last time and yet we sat off them in the first half to such an extent that I can't remember us creating one single chance of note in that period.

There is no belief in the squad and I don't think the Manager actually believes that we can push to close the gap.

I expect some sort of elaborate plan to be hatched for Tannadice to nullify the poorest Dundee United team in the last 50 years but you never know.

Even though I agree that yesterday was poor, I think that getting behind the players is better than always booing them. Even when we are winning matches a lot of fans still moan and boo players. I don’t mind the odd moan or groan but when it goes on for 90 minutes it’s poor

GN in his latest interview is complaining about giving dykes a  hard time as his partner is in labour
Can GN not see what most supporters  see and that is a useless player

If this was posted last season I wouldn’t have any complaints but Dykes has been much better this season at linking up with Dobbie.