The Queen of the South thread

And so another season peters out in mid table mediocrity. A must win game, we play with one up front, Dobbie on his own supplied by high futile punts up the park. I'm going off Naysmith I'm afraid, his football "coaching" is killing any entertainment. We're not even trying to win now, just avoid defeat. The tanking we're about to get on Tuesday night (I hope the game's off) should be the final nail for the season.

And so another season peters out in mid table mediocrity. A must win game, we play with one up front, Dobbie on his own supplied by high futile punts up the park. I'm going off Naysmith I'm afraid, his football "coaching" is killing any entertainment. We're not even trying to win now, just avoid defeat. The tanking we're about to get on Tuesday night (I hope the game's off) should be the final nail for the season.

I very much doubt that were "not even trying to win."

Have not got a hope of hell of making the top 4 this season is just going to fall away just like it did last season .Have one of the best players in the league but the rest of the team is again not good enough.

Apart from Dobbie we have no goals anywhere in the team .

Crowds are very poor going to be hard to try and get more fans in .

Naysmith will always play not to lose which always makes for a poor game which  does nothing to help to get more fans in 

Have not got a hope of hell of making the top 4 this season is just going to fall away just like it did last season .Have one of the best players in the league but the rest of the team is again not good enough.
Apart from Dobbie we have no goals anywhere in the team .
Crowds are very poor going to be hard to try and get more fans in .
Naysmith will always play not to lose which always makes for a poor game which  does nothing to help to get more fans in 

We actually have quite a few good players.

Once again Naysmith has picked a negative team with Dobbie up front himself no wonder the home crowd is down from last season

We had 4 attacking players starting today. Plus we have full backs who like to go forward. Couldn't make the game today so can't comment if it looks like they were told to sit back but Dobbie, Murray, Dykes and Thomson are all attacking players. Would you rather we had started with more attacking players and been left short when defending? Might have been a crap performance but part of me expected us to get beat today so I'll take the point.

We need to get rid of Murray, and also Dykes, he can't score, he is tall and continues to be beat in the air, with defenders that are are smaller.

And Naysmith needs to make changes  more quickly,he has tried  playing Dobbie up front and it does not work, he needs a forward playing along side him, has to be the worst game at Palmerston all season

We had 4 attacking players starting today. Plus we have full backs who like to go forward. Couldn't make the game today so can't comment if it looks like they were told to sit back but Dobbie, Murray, Dykes and Thomson are all attacking players. Would you rather we had started with more attacking players and been left short when defending? Might have been a crap performance but part of me expected us to get beat today so I'll take the point.

Jesus, you're responding to everyone and you weren't even there? It was one of the worst games of football at Palmerston in years. Maybe back off on this occasion because after that 'display' today folk are entitled to be pissed off.

2 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Thomson wasn't even playing...

Didn't make game today but disappointed to hear the manager say Young Murray And Dykes were getting booed by the home (support) fans.. 

Can't say I heard any such thing. Murray got moaned at after about his 17th shite delivery attempt and Dykes got moaned at a few times when he played the ball back rather than turn or go forward but I never heard boos as such.

I'm not happy seeing young players receiving abuse but that's football and that's where GN needs to be a bit more protective. Murray has received a lot of support but it's clear to see he's not ready to be starting so regularly. Fans will be more forgiving if he features more off the bench/the odd start at this stage. But patience will wear thin when he's constantly putting in below par performances.*

I feel this applies to Dykes as well but don't want to focus on him as that argument is always ongoing!

Had a free weekend and made the trip to Palmerston today and I can safely say that it wasn't worth it. That's now the 5th draw I've seen us play this season...I sure know how to pick them. Just feels like far too many points dropped when in all honesty the opposition looks there for the taking!

First half was extremely poor, far too much of the ball in the skies slowing the pace down. Second half we came out firing and made a few half chances. We used the wings well and played down to feet and I genuinely thought we were on to something until it fizzled out after 15 minutes and the game became frantic.

It's so frustrating seeing a taste of how we can play when we have confidence on the ball and actually find a pass. Everybody complains we have nobody that can score apart from Dobbie, which I can't really argue with, however I don't think it's necessarily because our attackers can't finish. Dobbie is one of very few players that can take a half chance or less and turn it into a goal, that's why he has scored so many this season. In reality we just aren't creating enough proper chances in front of goal to give anyone with lesser ability than Dobbie a chance to score.

We need to change the way we attack teams. Defensively we can be solid but upfront we are predictable and slow and are relying on Dobs for a bit of magic rather than trying to beat our opposition. We showed a hint of what we can do when we overlap in wide areas, play give-and-go's and play the ball on the ground at the start of that second half. But its too little and often too late.

Still plenty of games to go to try and climb this table but we will need to turn in performances a whole lot better if we fancy our chances!

10 hours ago, JessieField said:

Queens have only won 6 home games this season, no wonder home gates are down.

Record v part-time teams - 5 wins 3 draws (inc East Kilbride and Albion Rovers)

Record v full-time teams -  1 win (Falkirk) 4 draws 4 defeats.

23 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Didn't make game today but disappointed to hear the manager say Young Murray And Dykes were getting booed by the home (support) fans.. 

You weren't there?  Seriously?  Am I being whooshed?

I figured the red dot dished out for my brief, negative review was because you disagreed with my reading of the Jacobs incident?  

Was it just for being critical at all?  :lol: