The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

We're too tight to buy a tub of paint for the graffiti so I doubt we made much if any profit.

Need donations for the floodlights as well. 

SD are people who are not registered to receive the AGM material, able to view it at a later date once those registered have had opportunity to see it? 

5 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

So what’s the toadies view on this, BOD still doing a good job?

Okay! I'll bite!

I'm not a "toadie" - I was shouting "Harkness Must Go!" before I was out of short trousers.

I'm also not a shareholder - So I don't know how good - OR BAD  - the Annual Results are.

But I think - as a fan only - that the BoD are probably doing the best they can in extremely difficult circumstances.  

It seems to me that the BoD have tried a lot of avenues to boost the revenue stream - some of which have worked, and some have failed. 

(Was it the 80's Nostalgia concert which was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales? - If so - those kind of concerts are very popular in the more civilised part of the world in which I live!).

If I was a local businessman with a few bob to spare, and the interests of my local football team (which I loved) at heart - what more would I do, that the current BoD haven't done? I honestly can't think of anything.

Happy to continue this dialogue if you can articulate  specific actions that you think the current BoD can take, to improve the financial prospects of the club.  

29 minutes ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

Happy to continue this dialogue if you can articulate  specific actions that you think the current BoD can take, to improve the financial prospects of the club.  

Resign.

2 hours ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

It seems to me that the BoD have tried a lot of avenues to boost the revenue stream - some of which have worked, and some have failed. 

(Was it the 80's Nostalgia concert which was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales? - If so - those kind of concerts are very popular in the more civilised part of the world in which I live!)

Gosh, where's that?

What can we peasants learn from you?

5 hours ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

Okay! I'll bite!

I'm not a "toadie" - I was shouting "Harkness Must Go!" before I was out of short trousers.

I'm also not a shareholder - So I don't know how good - OR BAD  - the Annual Results are.

But I think - as a fan only - that the BoD are probably doing the best they can in extremely difficult circumstances.  

(Was it the 80's Nostalgia concert which was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales? - If so - those kind of concerts are very popular in the more civilised part of the world in which I live!).  

I remember remarking at the time that it looked like a decent support bill in need of a headliner. I don’t think the poor sales were down to the peculiarities of the local market. That bill would have struggled to sell tickets anywhere. 

Edited by Frankie S

14 hours ago, Frankie S said:

I remember remarking at the time that it looked like a decent support bill in need of a headliner. I don’t think the poor sales were down to the peculiarities of the local market. That bill would have struggled to sell tickets anywhere. 

I was quite verbal regarding the second concert at the time so won't say too much now. Suffice to say that the whole 80s thing seemed like a real niche market that was never going to draw a huge crowd. What's important, I guess, is that lessons were learned.

19 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Resign.

How would that help if any member of the board resigned. 

Dumfries does not seem to want a good full time football club.

Only thing Queens can do now is make the 1200 odd home fans pay more next season .

If me I would put it up to £20 for a adult a big jump from £16  but I am sure the 1200  odd fans s just now would pay that.

Only thing Queens can do now is make the 1200 odd home fans pay more next season .
If me I would put it up to £20 for a adult a big jump from £16  but I am sure the 1200  odd fans s just now would pay that.

Shut up

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

could be mistaken here but I think the Scottish cup quarter finals are played weekend of 3rd March which is when falkirk are due to play you guys at your place. looks like it will need to be rearranged

Yes game needs re-arranged! 

I think if it went up to £20 we would lose a few fans, £20 for watching a championship team would be robbery in my opinion, especially when the football is bad to watch at times.
Didn't agree with your opinion but hopefully you appreciate it more than an immature "shut up."