The Queen of the South thread

Amazing me that Murray starts before Stirling .

No wonder Stirling is not happy he must think he will never get a game.

I just can't see what Murray brings to the team  especially when you have a better player ready to play on the bench.

Dykes or Lyle is another strange one .Lyle just has to play before Dykes .What exactly has Murray or Dykes done for Queens this season plenty of effort but sadly the quality is just not there .

I’d certainly be interested to gain an insight into to BODs strategy for this season and next. To sign up our most expensive player on an extended deal against a backdrop of apparently no money for new players and a skeleton squad seems contradictory. I can’t help feeling something else must be going on but I’m beggared if I can work out what.

Amazing me that Murray starts before Stirling .
No wonder Stirling is not happy he must think he will never get a game.
I just can't see what Murray brings to the team  especially when you have a better player ready to play on the bench.
Dykes or Lyle is another strange one .Lyle just has to play before Dykes .What exactly has Murray or Dykes done for Queens this season plenty of effort but sadly the quality is just not there .

How many times does it have to be stated that Dykes is not playing ahead of Lyle? Dykes is a better option at left midfield than Lyle, but Lyle would never be played there anyway.

People love slagging Dykes off, but we have no other options in his position at the moment.

13 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Why was Martin on the subs bench? There's a strange gap on the official site reporting this match  where it says something like "Martin was on the subs bench due to......." and then the text looks like it's been removed?  Strange.....

Picked up a knock in training and wasn`t risked.

12 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

How many times does it have to be stated that Dykes is not playing ahead of Lyle? Dykes is a better option at left midfield than Lyle, but Lyle would never be played there anyway.

People love slagging Dykes off, but we have no other options in his position at the moment.

I think people are looking forward now, not back.

The conversation the Manager and Lyle had - according to Naysmith's comments - was about the remainder of the season.

If you are saying Dykes will continue in his present position then the remaining striking position is between Fergusson and Lyle (when fit ) and for Lyle not to be the automatic choice is ridiculous and downright irresponsible and bad management.

If Dykes is moved up front  then the same still applies, in my opinion and it would seem in the eyes of many other QOS fans.

He has been/will be though. Including sub appearances this is a rundown of where Dykes has played for us this season.

ST: 13

LM: 10

AM*: 2

LCM: 1

RM: 1

* Just behind the strikers.

Dykes has played more games up front than he has at LM. Unless a striker is coming in I really can't see Dykes NOT playing up front. If GN has told Lyle he is welcome to find a new club then I think it's absolutely accurate to say Dykes is being picked ahead of Lyle.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He has been/will be though. Including sub appearances this is a rundown of where Dykes has played for us this season.

ST: 13

LM: 10

AM*: 2

LCM: 1

RM: 1

* Just behind the strikers.

Dykes has played more games up front than he has at LM. Unless a striker is coming in I really can't see Dykes NOT playing up front. If GN has told Lyle he is welcome to find a new club then I think it's absolutely accurate to say Dykes is being picked ahead of Lyle.

How many goals has Lyndon scored and from what position he was playing scoring those goals? Do you know?

13 hours ago, Jan mosniack said:

Hope tae hell I am wrong but unless we make some decent signings I fear we may tumble down the league.

I’ll actually be pleasantly surprised if we sign anybody. I think this is how it will go - replacements in brackets

Tapping (Thomson) McFadden (Beerman) Kane (Fergusson) Kerr (effectively replaced by Fordyce returning with Mercer retaining RB, Gourlay the replacement in terms of actual numbers).

Nobody in for the injured Jacobs, Carmichael or Marshall, just have to mix and match until they get back.

Nobody in for Stirling if he goes. Nobody in for Lyle if he goes. 

Happy to be proven completely wrong.

29 minutes ago, Flash said:

I’ll actually be pleasantly surprised if we sign anybody. I think this is how it will go - replacements in brackets

Tapping (Thomson) McFadden (Beerman) Kane (Fergusson) Kerr (effectively replaced by Fordyce returning with Mercer retaining RB, Gourlay the replacement in terms of actual numbers).

Nobody in for the injured Jacobs, Carmichael or Marshall, just have to mix and match until they get back.

Nobody in for Stirling if he goes. Nobody in for Lyle if he goes. 

Happy to be proven completely wrong.

That's how it looks to me.  Probably Thomson for Jacobs and Bell for Tapping if you want to be pedantic.

27 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That's how it looks to me.  Probably Thomson for Jacobs and Bell for Tapping if you want to be pedantic.

Yeah, I put Thomson for Tapping as he is away. As Bell was already in the first team squad, I didn’t include him, but know what you mean.

Less confident that Stirling won’t be replaced, just by the way his situation has been handled.  Might depend on whether Carmichael is definitely coming back.