The Queen of the South thread

How does this decision ;

a)    Strengthen the squad/team when it leaves us with Dobbie, Dykes and Fergusson as strikers ?

b)   Link in with the good work of the SLO's  trying to re-kindle a bit of atmosphere and positivity around the Club ?

I can only see it being detrimental to our performances for the remainder of the season and potentially affecting the revenue we receive for our finishing position.

In addition I imagine it will have a negative impact on attendances which again potentially negatively impacts revenue.

As regards Lyle "running to the press" we are in the 'Window' and this  is a relevant story to that.   It is a journalists job to cover  such a story. 

If it is a cost cutting exercise, the board should maybe remember who scored the winner against Montrose to at least guarantee some decent(ish) Scottish Cup prizemoney.  Also, even if he wasn’t going to feature much, keeping him on for a few months would be like a contribution by the club to his testimonial fund, as a thank you for previous services and at least avoiding bad pr.

The only positive that might emerge is if there is a very good replacement being lined up for Kane, which is why Lyle is still going to be down the pecking order. If Kane’s replacement is Fergusson, I think we can safely assume we’re in the grubber.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would have to disagree with that. Dykes has started 11 games up front and Kane 13. With Kane leaving I'd say Lyle will be in direct competition with Dykes as Dobbie starting is a given. If Lyle does indeed leave then I fully expect our strikeforce to be Dobbie and Dykes the rest of the season.

Since the game at home to Montrose in the scottish cup were Lyle started,Kane has started more times upfront than dykes who has played left wing so imo Kane has been keeping Del out the team more than dykes

Edited by the tactician

Lyle isn't getting any game time and he's nearly 37! If it is true then I'll be sad to see him go. But honestly I'd rather see a young player like Ferguson given a chance ahead if Lyle, so where's Lyle going to fit into any plans? He maybe doesn't want a coaching role, plus we can't just offer coaching roles to please fans if we have enough experienced coaches already.

Since the game at home to Montrose in the scottish cup were Lyle started,Kane has started more times upfront than dykes who has played left wing so imo Kane has been keeping Del out the team more than dykes

Aye but Kane is gone now it will revert back to Dykes and Lyle competing for the second spot.

6 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Lyle isn't getting any game time and he's nearly 37! If it is true then I'll be sad to see him go. But honestly I'd rather see a young player like Ferguson given a chance ahead if Lyle, so where's Lyle going to fit into any plans? He maybe doesn't want a coaching role, plus we can't just offer coaching roles to please fans if we have enough experienced coaches already.

Do we?  1 assistant 1 first team coach, a sports scientist and a goalkeeping coach isn’t exactly a loaded backroom team, even an assistant has been a luxury in recent seasons. 

Do we?  1 assistant 1 first team coach, a sports scientist and a goalkeeping coach isn’t exactly a loaded backroom team, even an assistant has been a luxury in recent seasons. 

Ah cheers for clearing that up then. I didn't know. However we don't know if Lyle wants a coaching role just now, or if it's a career he wants after football.

Martin Leighfield 

Mercer Brownlie Fordyce Marshall as defenders with Rooney and Gourlay as cover

Thomson Rankin Jacobs in the middle with Akubuine and Bell as cover

Out wide Beerman Carmicheal Stirling Murray

Then upfront Dykes Dobbie Fergusson 

This scares me the fact I can name a team with cover,I pray to god this isn't the team we take into the 2nd half of the season and there is Signings to come,and a few of them

Edited by Dumfries Boy(new acc)

Martin Leighfield 
This scares me the fact I can name a team with cover,I pray to god this isn't the team we take into the 2nd half of the season and there is Signings to come,and a few of them

34e9c69ecdd9bc56b9eb2de5cc1ae99c.gif

17 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Martin Leighfield 

Fordyce, Marshall, Jacobs, Carmichael all injured till God knows when, Rooney and Brownlie will eventually be suspended before the end of the season, hasn't Stirling been told he can leave as well? Doesn't leave much from your summary of players available.

Martin Leighfield 
The under 20's are not up to it .

This is all coming from Derek Lyle .He is unhappy not playing as any player should be but what is Naysmith to do just pick Lyle because of who he is  

If Lyle was fit for Saturday would there be many fans who would have Lyle in the team.

He would not get in my team for Saturday if fit .

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

This is all coming from Derek Lyle .He is unhappy not playing as any player should be but what is Naysmith to do just pick Lyle because of who he is  

If Lyle was fit for Saturday would there be many fans who would have Lyle in the team.

He would not get in my team for Saturday if fit .

Lyle's as well in the team on Saturday than a player that's due back in Perth on Monday morning.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

Fordyce, Marshall, Jacobs, Carmichael all injured till God knows when, Rooney and Brownlie will eventually be suspended before the end of the season, hasn't Stirling been told he can leave as well? Doesn't leave much from your summary of players available.

Stirling is only speculation at this stage.

I noticed that Carmichael's comeback has quickly moved from mid January to mid February.

Whether true or not I don't know but heard last Saturday that there has been a falling out between lyle and GN and he had been told he could leave but thought if was just terrace talk

3 hours ago, gogs said:

Whether true or not I don't know but heard last Saturday that there has been a falling out between lyle and GN and he had been told he could leave but thought if was just terrace talk

Does this not back-up the Sun report, then?

Edited by NOTS