The Queen of the South thread

Glad tapping is away. Was decent in past season when he wasn’t injured, this season he’s been utter gash. That leaves us with just 2 fit first team CM’s. GN may have signed Beerman to play in a CM role? Think I read somewhere he’s played there before.

I was surprised and disappointed at how poor Tapping has been this season.  He definitely looked to have some ability and speed when he did manage to play last season but there was no sign of that this season. Maybe he was a bit wary of picking up another long term injury but at times didn't even look that interested. Maybe not the best decision by the management to give him a contract in the close season whilst he was still recovering from injury. I wish him well though. 

I was surprised and disappointed at how poor Tapping has been this season.  He definitely looked to have some ability and speed when he did manage to play last season but there was no sign of that this season. Maybe he was a bit wary of picking up another long term injury but at times didn't even look that interested. Maybe not the best decision by the management to give him a contract in the close season whilst he was still recovering from injury. I wish him well though. 

He’s been poor, always think he looks scared of getting injured. Although I’m hoping we’ve something lined up as it leaves us very light.

Personally think with the beerman signing, he’ll be in to play left back at the moment then Mercer going to the right, maybe when marshall comes back he’ll move further up the park.

Beerman and Mercer as starting full-backs, Marshall out long term and Rooney as cover for CB and RB is how I'd imagine it will go.

At the very minimum I'd like a CB, two CMs and a wide player.  Ideally I like all of that plus another wide player and a striker.

I'd say it's been an OK day transfer wise. Beerman has obviously been brought in as Marshall is done for the season you'd imagine. Fergusson coming back may be seen as a direct replacement for Kane in that we won't be signing another striker.

At this particular moment in time I can't say I'm overjoyed at Tapping being let go. He's not been up to it and I would have been happy for him to go at the end of the season but given we are so short in there I can't say I'm thrilled to see him go at this time. It's freed up a wage so I'd expect a CM to be brought in during the window, at which point I won't have any problems. If Tapping has been released and we don't bring a CM in then I'd be even more concerned about the rest of the season than I already am.

Your experience of Tapping seems to have been similar to ours. Feeling he may have been signed on the basis that he can be good. However he also seems injury prone as we discovered - the club paid £4k to get him fixed only for him to turn his back on us and sign for you.

Be interesting to see how our muppets take to him.