The Queen of the South thread

35 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Just wonder why the rule was ignored for years and now that it was amended to include e-cigs Queens decided to completely ban it ...... like I say I’m not a smoker but there is some who don’t go now because of it. Sad I know but we’re not in a position to give even more supporters an excuse not to go .
Our crowds are shocking

People who smoke I not bothered about if its outdoors. the smell is unpleasant but I wouldn't complain. I have no issue with e cigs. Why not have a section of the Rosefield stand as a seated smoking area. At the end like. 

Although a question I have is how many fans are staying away because they cant smoke and watch the game?

Attended the match yesterday, my first visit in a while. Walking round the ground towards the Arena to purchase a ticket I was appalled at the state of the place, the perimeter fence and brick work is in terrible state, black rubbish bags strewn down the banking at the Portland Road End, poor maintenance of entrance and exits causing large puddles to form. The main stand appears to be growing a nice lawn on the roof. Palmerston has never been a palace since I first attended in the 70’s but I honestly don’t think I have seen it as bad. Some basic maintenance is badly required. In the present world people do expect some decent facilities when attending events and possibly this also has something to do with recent poorer attendances.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Transfermarkt has him as a RB who can play LB and RM. If it's true maybe Marshall's injury is a bad one.

Did Naysmith not say in an interview that he would be amazed if Jacobs and Marshall were back before March? I’m guessing they are both out longer than that, possibly for the rest of the season.

Did Naysmith not say in an interview that he would be amazed if Jacobs and Marshall were back before March? I’m guessing they are both out longer than that, possibly for the rest of the season.

Probably. If I'm honest I rarely listen to his interviews.

15 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Reckon you would attract a few more if there was a stall dispensing whisky and cheap cigars.

I know this was a flippant comment but thinking on it more there is a point to be made: it's not clear who we are trying to attract/who is our target market.

Whisky and cheap cigars is clearly  a non-starter but it would appeal to a certain type of person... your brown shoes wearing, old school, man's man kinda man.

We won't attract those who like an exciting day out watching good football, because we play hoofball and pick Dykes instead of Stirling.

We won't attract that modern kind of happy clappy fan because of the state of the ground and lack of modern, happy clappy promotions like free hand clappers.

We won't attract the youth vote interested in casual culture and being  a bit of a lad because of how unsympathetically the young team were dealt with.

I really hope the SLO do a great job and reserve judgement on them, but until the SLO started we basically just went out to schools and put up posters around town. The target market was basically kids not capable of getting themselves to a game, and football fans moving into the town who aren't aware QoS existed. Think we need a concept of our target market as a starting point...

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably. If I'm honest I rarely listen to his interviews.

You should - they are really uplifting.

SD posted that Naysmith said he would be surprised if they were back before February and I think he was right enough.

The crowds are really disappointing and I’m not too sure what more the club can do to encourage stay away fans back.
Although I’m not a smoker I know fans who haven’t been back because of the ban and think Queens should reconsider their decision. A simple smoking area either side of the terrace would do and it’s easy to police.... it won’t add hundreds to the attendance but the fact is people ARE staying away because of it . We can’t afford to scare even more fans away

If there. Not cause of that then this is a poor excuse am a smoker and I still attend all games.