The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Smith had pace but that was all .Massive difference scoring goal in League 2  compared to the Championship.

Is it? You sure wouldn't know it the 3 games we played against Montrose. The boy is only 20 and banging them in. He impressed me aswell as many others with his impact and to release him just tells you everything about Naysmith's ability to judge a player. Fans would love to see talented Dumfries born players make the grade at the club and he was released far to early. I feel the same way about Brotherston who again impressed during some cameos. 

34 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Is it? You sure wouldn't know it the 3 games we played against Montrose. The boy is only 20 and banging them in. He impressed me aswell as many others with his impact and to release him just tells you everything about Naysmith's ability to judge a player. Fans would love to see talented Dumfries born players make the grade at the club and he was released far to early. I feel the same way about Brotherston who again impressed during some cameos. 

Montrose are a handy side and even then I wouldn’t sign any of them and think they’d be an upgrade. So why would someone who is scoring largely against the weaker sides and a high number of those being penalties be any better? 

The decision to let him go was right for both parties.  If he actually does prove good enough then fair play but let’s not kid ourselves that he would have been a regular if we kept him.

Edited by Sloop John B

20 minutes ago, NOTS said:

Aidan Smith always seemed to score against Rangers.

Twice. He scored twice against Rangers. Which is twice more than he scored against anyone else for us right enough but hardly indicative of "always".

Personally I think Aidan had hung around our reserves and bench long enough. He wasn't going to gain any more out of staying there. And I don't think he was quite ready to be starting at our level. For all he'd been training full time for 4 seasons, he's still only 20. He'd already had an effective whole season on loan at Annan and whilst re-signing him and sending him out on loan again might have been an option (with absolutely no guarantee he would have agreed to that), he's probably as well out playing every week for Annan now. It's clearly working well for him at the moment. If he continues to develop and improve maybe he'll end up back here. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to go away and come back. 

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I can say whatever I want. If he plays for Queens again I’ll stand corrected.

1 hour ago, Qos88 said:

Northfield it's genuinely know why Danny won't play again for the club or be it any club

Is it something of his own doing? Had heard about Queens but "any club" suggests he has either commited a crime or got a serious injury

13 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I can say whatever I want. If he plays for Queens again I’ll stand corrected.

Thought you said he would never play for Queens again in the meaning that he had done something that he could not come back not to do with football.So what is it is Carmichael just out with a bad injury now .?

I like Eddie, I think he's doing a great job and I hope he does well. Alot of his coaching badges he worked hard and paid for himself. I remember he was manager of Loreburn Thistle in the Sunday league and look where he's got to now. That doesn't happen from being poor at what he does. 

Also, the Danny situation is personal and I think it's out of hand that fans are talking about the boy the way they are. I get that football fans talk about club affairs and want to be in the know about everything etc but the way people have been talking about Danny is sad to say the least. 

Is it something of his own doing? Had heard about Queens but "any club" suggests he has either commited a crime or got a serious injury

Well it's been well documented the injury issues he has had over the last few seasons

Eddie Warwick should be nowhere near first team.

Exactly what club at our level has a line dancing champion running your youth team a joke hopefully they get delboy on the coaching staff at end of the season.

Over the last 6 league matches we have the 3rd best points total, but this next run of games v Dunfermline a, Dundee utd h, St Mirren h & Falkirk a will go a long way to determining how our top 4 chances look. Tough end to 2017 hopefully we can still be pushing for the top 4 when the transfer window opens and we can maybe get one or two players in to strengthen the team.

Exactly what club at our level has a line dancing champion running your youth team a joke hopefully they get delboy on the coaching staff at end of the season.

What do his hobbies have to do with his ability to run a youth team?

57 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Over the last 6 league matches we have the 3rd best points total, but this next run of games v Dunfermline a, Dundee utd h, St Mirren h & Falkirk a will go a long way to determining how our top 4 chances look. Tough end to 2017 hopefully we can still be pushing for the top 4 when the transfer window opens and we can maybe get one or two players in to strengthen the team.

Going to need a mimimum of 2 players to strengthen the team assuming Kerr is going back to St.Johnstone. It is also unlikely that Fordyce will be back before Kerr is away, so we might only have one fit centre back at the beginning of January, although I guess Rooney could play there. In any event, if Kerr and Kane are going back, we will need three players in order to improve the squad. Eta another  4 players will be needed to stengthen the squad if the rumours about Danny being finished are true.

Edited by Flash

Going to need a mimimum of 2 players to strengthen the team assuming Kerr is going back to St.Johnstone. It is also unlikely that Fordyce will be back before Kerr is away, so we might only have one fit centre back at the beginning of January, although I guess Rooney could play there. In any event, if Kerr and Kane are going back, we will need three players in order to improve the squad. Eta another  4 players will be needed to stengthen the squad if the rumours about Danny being finished are true.

As one Kerr leaves, another Kerr arrives according to a few folk around Falkirk.