The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apologies for crashing into your thread like this but where would be the best places for away fans to grab some food, drink and catch the football on TV on Saturday?

No need to apologise, anyway I would suggest a pub!

Only joking with you, Cavens, Buccluch St is good for food and only 5 mins walk from the ground.

Edited by Hawk

12 minutes ago, Hawk said:

No need to apologise, anyway I would suggest a pub!

Only joking with you, Cavens, Buccluch St is good for food and only 5 mins walk from the ground.

Cheers. Having the football isn't absolutely crucial but always a benefit. Apparently we've got a couple of supporters buses coming down for this so the away crowd should break into triple figures...

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Cheers. Having the football isn't absolutely crucial but always a benefit. Apparently we've got a couple of supporters buses coming down for this so the away crowd should break into triple figures...

As might the home crowd.

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apologies for crashing into your thread like this but where would be the best places for away fans to grab some food, drink and catch the football on TV on Saturday?

Caven's is the best bet for good food and good beer, it is more of an eating place than a pub though and as SD says won't be showing the football.  There is the Robert the Bruce Wetherspoons on the same street where you'll get cheap and cheerful food and drink but again no football.  There are 4 pubs in Market Square just across the river from those two which will all likely show the football as they are more traditional style pubs.

On 16/11/2017 at 12:04, Skyline Drifter said:

We'll be in the 'Advanced Youth' Level one below the 'Performance Level' Dundee, Queen's Park and Morton are at. No idea why the SFA have missed that level off their press release. As MT says, the criteria for Project Brave are way, way out of our reach. Far bigger clubs than us have conceded it's not realistic. We were on the bottom level of the Club Academy ladder too. It doesn't stop us actually producing the odd decent player. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment until we see how it's all going to work but I don't think anything will fundamentally change for us. As far as I know we'll be running the same three age level squads we currently do and our youth funding levels are guaranteed for the next few years.

Criteria not out of reach if the board were ambitious in terms of youth development and if they had someone of suitable knowledge and drive to move it forward. Current set up doesn’t have a full time member of staff in place to drive it forward like most clubs do.  Most youth / community set ups now have charitable status. Queens aren’t serious enough about either if you compare to other clubs.  Only people at queens paid full time in community / youth are Eddie warwick and Danny Armstrong.  Neither have experience or knowledge to drive this forward like other clubs do. 

Criteria not out of reach if the board were ambitious in terms of youth development and if they had someone of suitable knowledge and drive to move it forward. Current set up doesn’t have a full time member of staff in place to drive it forward like most clubs do.  Most youth / community set ups now have charitable status. Queens aren’t serious enough about either if you compare to other clubs.  Only people at queens paid full time in community / youth are Eddie warwick and Danny Armstrong.  Neither have experience or knowledge to drive this forward like other clubs do. 

What other clubs are you comparing us against?

This Manager is not up to the job and - if he persists with his chosen methods -  will not deliver top 4 which I guess is his remit.

The sooner he goes the better let's not wait until he formally fails.

He has failed already by serving up unattractive so-called football week after week on a regular basis which is driving people away.

We have had 3 chances to break in to that top 4 this week and have taken none of them.    2 points and 2 goals with 2 home games in there is hugely disappointing but not at all surprising.  

I seem to remember we had a similar opportunity last season and blew that as well.

He is unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal.   

I have said many times before everything  about him is negative and I believe that  influences the players  in the same way.

Well and truly gone are the good old days of seeing off Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk in the same week !

We have players who are proven goalscorers yet we are not scoring freely because he does not set up to create chances.

I have still to work out exactly why James Fowler was binned but I suspect it was because of moans and groans like this and potentially falling attendances over the style of football on offer.

Fowler though was still better than the present incumbent and tried  to play football the right way even when faced with the adversity of losing more than half of his best players and his repalcements  being beset with injury.

So carry on as you are Mr. Naysmith and you will end up going the same way - hopefully sooner rather than later -  if the Board are consistent in their approach and criteria for success.

I guess I can take the short term pain if it leads to longer term gain.

Something that really sums him up - Aidan Smith scored again for Annan today, a young player already with Championship experience and who has scored goals at that level and who has pace to burn which would complement Lyle and Dobbie and benefit the team as a whole yet he would rather persevere with the likes of Dykes and Fergusson who are more of a physical presence yet cannot finish.     Fergusson should have been sent at the start of the season and Smith retained.   Something he now seems to have realised.