The Queen of the South thread

16 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Some turnaround here . We're now leading 6-4 with McFadden scoring four

F/T Queens 6 Morton 4

Only managed to see the first half but we were lucky not to be more than 4-2 down at half time. Could have been twice that. I believe we were still 4-2 down with 15 to go before going goal crazy late on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 hours ago, ConanTheLibrarian said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but there's a large  "scroll" type advert in  the Loreburne Centre  showing the fixture list for the season.

This was mentioned in the recent Board update from Blount Jnr. on the OS.  

Only managed to see the first half but we were lucky not to be more than 4-2 down at half time. Could have been twice that. I believe we were still 4-2 down with 15 to go before going goal crazy late on.

Defending in the first half was horrendous.

I thought Stirling looking out of his depth even at this level.

Not quite 4-2 down with 15 to go, but their was 3 goals in less than 10 minutes from 4-2 down. 4-3 with about 20 to go. The 4th, a penalty to equalise was with 15 minutes to go. The Morton boy got sent off for telling Lloyd to f**k off, after being booked and penalty given. 5-4 up about a minute later, after winning the ball straight from kick off.

6th goal was just before full time.

58 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Defending in the first half was horrendous.

I thought Stirling looking out of his depth even at this level.

Not quite 4-2 down with 15 to go, but their was 3 goals in less than 10 minutes from 4-2 down. 4-3 with about 20 to go. The 4th, a penalty to equalise was with 15 minutes to go. The Morton boy got sent off for telling Lloyd to f**k off, after being booked and penalty given. 5-4 up about a minute later, after winning the ball straight from kick off.

6th goal was just before full time.

74th minute for our 3rd goal according to the referee's report. 4-2 down with 16 to go. Penalty was scored on 77 mins and the 5th was on 79 mins so three in six minutes.

Defending certainly wasn't great. Morton were extremely quick in the attacking half. Don't know if they slowed down later or we just learned to deal with it better. As I said I had to leave at half time. I thought it was pretty obvious there was a bit of a disconnect between our back line and the rest of the team. The back four, Bell and Fergusson were the only regular 20's players playing, with Murray, Stirling, Rooney and McFadden in front of them and Leighfield behind who although age qualified, hasn't been training or playing with the 20's so far this season. I guess it took them time to settle down with each other?

Stirling made the 2nd goal and had a couple of good runs halted by cynical fouls in the first half. Again, I don't know how involved he got later on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Are programmes and half-time draw tickets still on sale for supporters using the Portland Drive turnstile?  The usual sales "booth" between the East Stand and terracing hasn't been attended for the last two home games.  Have they moved to another stance?

We've noticed that in recent games also . Is there any reason it's no longer there ? Perhaps SD knows ?

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have no idea where they sell programmes from.

The Commercial Department would be my guess as the best people to ask,  I'll ask them before the next home game unless someone posts the answer on here first.

I assume the programme sellers are instructed where to stand rather than just standing where they please.  I don't actually buy a programme but do like to buy a couple of half-time draw tickets at each game. 

I have often felt sorry for the sellers standing at the "usual"  sales point at the Portland terrace as it's not very nice when it's wet and/or windy.  Perhaps one of the disused turnstiles could be converted to a sales booth inside the ground. 

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The Commercial Department would be my guess as the best people to ask,  I'll ask them before the next home game unless someone posts the answer on here first.

I assume the programme sellers are instructed where to stand rather than just standing where they please.  I don't actually buy a programme but do like to buy a couple of half-time draw tickets at each game. 

I have often felt sorry for the sellers standing at the "usual"  sales point at the Portland terrace as it's not very nice when it's wet and/or windy.  Perhaps one of the disused turnstiles could be converted to a sales booth inside the ground. 

John Paterson in the shop runs the programme sellers. He would be the one to ask.

Are there "disused" turnstiles? I think all the turnstiles are still usable and might be used if the game was big enough to justify it.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

John Paterson in the shop runs the programme sellers. He would be the one to ask.

Are there "disused" turnstiles? I think all the turnstiles are still usable and might be used if the game was big enough to justify it.

There certainly looks to be at least 2 or 3 that aren't used at all. There has only been 1 operating at the last couple of games. I don't think that even when the rangers visited,  with the potential of attracting more home fans,   that all the Portland Drive Turnstiles were open, I doubt if they will all be needed in future.  I don't know if they are all fitted with the "new" revolving gates  or if some still have the old ones. I'm sure that a couple of them have had the outer doors boarded over so they're obviously not intended to be used.  Added to that the fact that the woodwork on all the doors is rotted away at the bottom,  it doesn't present a good impression when approaching the ground.  

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Four fans have agreed to take up SLO posts in a committee arrangement

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3711

Hopefully they will have the backing of the fans rather than being viewed with suspicion. I should maybe direct my queries to them about programmes/draw ticket sales.  One problem I can envisage is that,  working as a Committee,  supporters views or problems may not be dealt with as fast as just having one person doing it. I wish them all the best anyway.