The Queen of the South thread

Naysmith said in a interview last season that it cost next to nothing to get Thomson Celtic do that with there young players just to get game time. Celtic can afford to do that but the 2 from  St Johnstone on loan we will be paying there full wage.

Well another very poor result to lose to a team  who had 10 men the whole 2 nd half and who had a Cup Tie in midweek.
Just not good enough but has to be expected this season going to be a poor season

Soul destroying result - McMullan's stupidity gifted us a gilt edged opportunity to take all 3 points and yet again we blew it.

Ah well. First defeat of the season away to the title favourites and only beaten by one goal. Not many teams will pick up much at Tannadice I would imagine.

That's twice in a row we've gone there and they've tried to gift us the win. Frustrating for us to miss out yet again.

54 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Ah well. First defeat of the season away to the title favourites and only beaten by one goal. Not many teams will pick up much at Tannadice I would imagine.

I'd say that if any others get to play 60% of the match against ten men, there's every likelihood they'll pick up more than we managed.

I am new to the site as a contributor but have been reading it for years. Finally the last straw has broken this camel's back.  I have read for years the constant whining of keyboard warriors who moan and moan about everything to do with the club. What perverse pleasure do they get out of this. The manager is useless. The board won't spend any money. The chairman is only in it to make money. Why didn't we try to sign Neymar. And on and on and on.

Do these people have any skills to back up their complaints? Have they any business experience? Have they any football experience? Where do they get their "inside knowledge"? Do they have two brain cells to rub together?

Now everyone is entitled to their opinion but when this becomes vindictive vendettas it is time to say enough is enough.

We all support and love our club but we have no divine right to succeed. We are a middling sized club who have exceeded expectations more often than not in recent years.  We have a small core support and no industrial base locally to provide much commercial income.  We took 16000 to Hampden but where were they at the next home game? We have to accept that we will struggle to create income and when success comes we should treasure it. Also when bad times come we have to take it on the chin.  These moaners all forget that the great Alan Johnston season was preceded by relegation.

I often wonder if the Supporters Liaison officer quit because she constantly had to deal with the idiots I am writing about and their totally unrealistic expectations.  It would be enough to make anyone quit.

So come on, get real, get behind the team, get behind the manager, get behind the board and if you can't do any of these, get behind the sofa and don't look!

C'mon the South!!!

Edited by Creditwherecredisdue

9 minutes ago, Creditwherecredisdue said:

I am new to the site as a contributor but have been reading it for years. Finally the last straw has broken this camel's back.  I have read for years the constant whining of keyboard warriors who moan and moan about everything to do with the club. What perverse pleasure do they get out of this. The manager is useless. The board won't spend any money. The chairman is only in it to make money. Why didn't we try to sign Neymar. And on and on and on.

Do these people have any skills to back up their complaints? Have they any business experience? Have they any football experience? Where do they get their "inside knowledge"? Do they have two brain cells to rub together?

Now everyone is entitled to their opinion but when this becomes vindictive vendettas it is time to say enough is enough.

We all support and love our club but we have no divine right to succeed. We are a middling sized club who have exceeded expectations more often than not in recent years.  We have a small core support and no industrial base locally to provide much commercial income.  We took 16000 to Hampden but where were they at the next home game? We have to accept that we will struggle to create income and when success comes we should treasure it. Also when bad times come we have to take it on the chin.  These moaners all forget that the great Alan Johnston season was preceded by relegation.

I often wonder if the Supporters Liaison officer quit because she constantly had to deal with the idiots I am writing about and their totally unrealistic expectations.  It would be enough to make anyone quit.

So come on, get real, get behind the team, get behind the manager, get behind the board and if you can't do any of these, get behind the sofa and don't look!

C'mon the South!!!

Who are you referring to?

I think there's a pretty realistic grasp among virtually all the Queens fans on here about where we stand and about what expectations are sensible.

People have a moan of course and people disagree at times.  I really don't see the level of delusion that you apparently do though.

1 hour ago, Creditwherecredisdue said:

C'mon the South!!!

You've spelled your username wrong.

I didn't see the game but even although we lost to 10 men I still feel more positive than I did a few weeks ago.

Hopefully once the new loanees bed in we will see a big improvement.

Fwiw I think Utd will win the league this season.

1 hour ago, Creditwherecredisdue said:

C'mon the South!!!

Hiya *INSERT NAME OF FORMER SUPPORTERS' LIAISON OFFICER HERE*, hiya pal.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Who are you referring to?

I think there's a pretty realistic grasp among virtually all the Queens fans on here about where we stand and about what expectations are sensible.

People have a moan of course and people disagree at times.  I really don't see the level of delusion that you apparently do though.

I'm not going to name names as I won't get involved in a slagging march, but there are a number of posters who just love to criticise everything.  Glad to say there are lots more positive ones. Just can't understand what pleasure the moaners get.