The Queen of the South thread

Stevie 'one touch'. Because one touch was all he ever got. After that he either lost the ball or scored!
Great forward for us but a fraction of the actual ability of his son. Fantastic attitude though.

Who's running the commercial department at Palmerston now SD ?

I've just read on the OS that maintenance work is to be carried out on our floodlights which are described as the tallest free standing floodlights in Scotland, a claim that I have heard quite often before.  Are they actually taller than the Meadowbank Stadium floodlights where Ferranti Thistle/Meadowbank Thistle played, and much more recently Edinburgh City play?  The Meadowbank ones certainly appear to be far taller.

You really couldn't hold it against Dobbie if he left as he's far too good for us and I'm sure he had genuine intentions to help us get promoted, not help us avoid the drop. Having said that I'd be genuinely devastated to see him in another Scottish club's top and if he was wanting to move he could still play for a better club than Falkirk (or anyone in this division).

My initial reaction when I saw that Dobbie was missing from the squad today was that he could be on the way out of Palmy.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hewitson wanted to cash in on our star player.
Would it really be that bad an idea though if we were to accept a silly offer and put the proceeds towards 2 or 3 quality signings? After all, we played some decent stuff today without him and won at a canter albeit against a very poor Brechin side.

My initial reaction when I saw that Dobbie was missing from the squad today was that he could be on the way out of Palmy.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hewitson wanted to cash in on our star player.
Would it really be that bad an idea though if we were to accept a silly offer and put the proceeds towards 2 or 3 quality signings? After all, we played some decent stuff today without him and won at a canter albeit against a very poor Brechin side.

In short yes it would be an idea. How much do you think we'd realistically get? I doubt we'd reach 6 figures. And do you really think we'd get 3 players as valuable as Dobbs for under 100K. IMO I highly doubt it.