The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Does anyone have any information on the Saturday football club? My son is 5 years old so not sure if he's old enough. Tried to phone Eddie Warwick but can't get through.

I think they are supposed to be school age though I think my son was there when he was still 5. Depends whether he's nearly 6 or just turned 5 I suspect. You'll have a better chance of getting hold of Eddie in the afternoon. He would have been coaching the 20's in the morning.

See the worst kept secret in Dumfries is now official , good luck Jim whatever you do next you gave Queens fans a moment we will never forget , also thanks for all your hard work in the community after your playing career ended .

Hahaha didnt expect that! Thanks everyone for your replies. Spoke to Eddie and he was a great help, things are looking great for him as well. The youngest they have on a Saturday is 7 but there's one on a Wednesday so looking forward to taking him. 

Supposing everyone is fit what is your starting eleven, not the one he will start:

I'll go with this:

GK: Martin

RB: Jacobs

CB: Brownlie & Fordyce

LB: Marshall

LM: Stirling

CM: Rankin & Tapping

CF: Lyle & Dobbie

To be fair there's not a lot of options. [emoji19]

20 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

The club is an utter shambles. A squad of 14 .
With everything else thats going on its an embarassment .
Couple of posters been quiet lately ...........

14? I am sure I counted 20 in the 2017/18 squad photo released.

On 03/08/2017 at 17:21, QoS_1919 said:

Not this season. 

Not this season ?? We are only 4 games in and I think it seems Dykes has become the scapegoat for the less than impressive start. I've seen all 4 games and there have been a few others who in racing parlance, 'don't appear to have trained on', he certainly has not been the poorest.

6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

14? I am sure I counted 20 in the 2017/18 squad photo released.

7 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

So who's going to do the jobs JT did if there's no cash?

Did the Hollywood trust pay Victoria Thompson pay as well?

Supposing everyone is fit what is your starting eleven, not the one he will start:

I'll go with this:

GK: Martin

RB: Jacobs
CB: Brownlie & Fordyce
LB: Marshall

LM: Stirling
CM: Rankin & Tapping

CF: Lyle & Dobbie

To be fair there's not a lot of options. [emoji19]

We're bad enough with 11, I don't think it would be sensible to start with just 10.

On 03/08/2017 at 17:16, kirkyblue2 said:

When are we getting the official version of JT leaving, the same time as Jackanory?

JT will be leaving because of personal reasons 

It is a pity a ins he was good on the commercial side of things but have some fans not forgot how bad he was as a football manager and that he was the reason Gavin Skeleton quit the club and JT must take the majority of the blame for the Cup defeat costing the club over £100,000 one of the reasons why we are struggleing for money right now 

Edited by Northfield 53