The Queen of the South thread

23 minutes ago, A-Mac said:

That is awesome!! Thank you very much.

I will be able to get to watch a fair few games before the season is finished :)

We don't have any other away games at Dundee United this season but our upcoming away game at Morton is being covered live by Alba so presumably you'll be able to get that somewhere. Also the home Challenge Cup semi final with United is live on Alba and Premier Sports.

Looking at the squad that started the season, and including the long term injured and those told they can leave as effectively being away, I think the players out and their replacements are

Millar(Rankin) Tapping(Thomson) Hilson(Thomas) Hooper(Mercer) Anderson(Carmichael)

Pickard and Rigg - none as yet.

It could be Moxon has been promoted from the 20s to effectively replace Pickard. But, in terms of numbers, we currently have two less players than we did at the start of the season. However, in terms of the budget, we have one more (4 out, 5 in). 

We were promised 2 players when Dobbie signed, so presumably there is scope for one more.

3 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Dunfermline do live video streaming for those living out with the UK as well. We also do a live audio stream which is available to residents of the UK as well as the rest of the world. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

St Mirren also do a live stream with commentary.

Apologies to Dunfermline and saintees!

Seems Ayr also do live audio commentary for their games.

Looks like its just us, Dumbarton and Morton who dont offer any live audio or video

Also see that the directors will be voting against the proposal by the queens trust to have a seat on the board. As expected, a good move by the directors in my opinion. Let them continue with running the club successfully, without any interference.

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Tell you now Jake Pickard..

Remarkable that he played over 40 first team games for Queens under a couple of different managers without ever remotely resembling a footballer. Naysmith appears to be clear-sighted and decisive, bordering on ruthless. Just what was needed.

55 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Remarkable that he played over 40 first team games for Queens under a couple of different managers without ever remotely resembling a footballer. Naysmith appears to be clear-sighted and decisive, bordering on ruthless. Just what was needed.

Even more remarkable was that Fowler played him as a striker a good few times, even when Oliver was available.

Have to agree fully. Not surprising that we have struggled in this key area in past couple of seasons. Tried hard, no doubt about that, but did nothing to suggest that he had the quality to progress at this level. On top of that he always seemed one late tackle away from a red card.

When Fowler started picking him( and 40 odd games is a lot) my first reaction was "what qualities am I missing here"?

After a few games I became more certain that his continued selection was an error of judgement by successive Managers. Hope he goes on to prove us doubters wrong but think he will need to drop a few levels.

Naysmith doing the right thing - being cruel to be kind - far too many of our fringe players don't look good enough. Pickard can't argue that he didn't get a chance - some others may say that they haven't really had a chance.

15 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

How was Grant Anderson for you guys?

Good until he cracked a rib in early September. Hasn't really been the same since.

Can't say I'm distraught really about Pickard, he clearly wasn't good enough for a Championship midfield or attack. The only thing he had in has favour was that he was the only youth player to have a decent physique but he wasn't technically able on the ball or quick enough to make that effective. The amount of times he got away with a booking for a late tackle seemed very high.

Who knows what dirt he had on James Fowler to keep on picking him?

39 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

When did Queens get a revolving door?

As soon as Naysmith appreciated his inheritance.

Eta 3 of the 4 midfielders who started in the Albion Rovers riddy have now departed.

Edited by Flash