The Queen of the South thread

This is where losing to Albion Rovers hurts. The potential game against Celtic would have meant players being more motivated putting them selves in the shop window and wanting to play in that match. The game itself may have tempted players to move to us in early part of window and the extra income would mean we may pay more and brought in an extra player.

A lot of that won't happen now due to that 93 rd min goal

8 minutes ago, queenslad said:

This is where losing to Albion Rovers hurts. The potential game against Celtic would have meant players being more motivated putting them selves in the shop window and wanting to play in that match. The game itself may have tempted players to move to us in early part of window and the extra income would mean we may pay more and brought in an extra player.

Hmmmm.  It did hurt and the manner of it especially but I take the contrary view - a right royal rogering by the Champions - elect is the last thing this team or its supporters want/ need right now.  

Any statto out there who can say when Gary Naismith last managed a winning side? Just curious.

Edited by Tam

4 minutes ago, Tam said:

Hmmmm.  It did hurt and the manner of it especially but I take the contrary view - a right royal rogering by the Champions - elect is the last thing this team or its supporters want/ need right now.  

Any statto out there who can say when Gary Naismith last managed a winning side? Just curious.

24th September was the last time Gary Naysmith won a game...

I've said something similar before: if the players can only motivate themselves for 'big games' then I hope Naysmith gets shot of these types asap.

And I highly doubt a professional footballer is going to determine his next club by whether or not said club has a fixture against Celtic :P

24th September was the last time Gary Naysmith won a game...

That is a quite incredible stat and so far as the East Fife position is concerned recent results post Naysmith would suggest that they have a decent enough squad for Div 1 football.

The last thing we needed was an incoming Manager whose confidence was even lower than our players. I must confess to being mystified at appointing a Manager sitting 9th in the League below. That decision has been made and as others have said quite rightly, we need new quality signings to save the day.

It is stating the obvious but his recent track record can't exactly be instilling confidence in players who can't quite believe what is happening.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That is a quite incredible stat and so far as the East Fife position is concerned recent results post Naysmith would suggest that they have a decent enough squad for Div 1 football.

The last thing we needed was an incoming Manager whose confidence was even lower than our players. I must confess to being mystified at appointing a Manager sitting 9th in the League below. That decision has been made and as others have said quite rightly, we need new quality signings to save the day.

It is stating the obvious but his recent track record can't exactly be instilling confidence in players who can't quite believe what is happening.

Yes, indeed. When we were beaten by Rovers, maybe the BOD thought they had stumbled upon a source of managerial talent down there. Did they get the right man? As a perceptive poster said at the time, "no wins in eight, Gary will fit in really well at Palmerston!"