The Queen of the South thread

Agree with earlier comments - some more info on injured players would be welcome. Can fully understand keeping quiet on injuries before matches but once a player is out it would good to get some sort of indication on seriousness etc.

5 hours ago, football maniac said:

With Falkirk and especially Hibs being bigger teams with far bigger budgets then they are more inclined to have runs like they have been having. We have punched way above our weight and for that to be ignored both months is a disgrace! 

I agree.

It's remarkable how little notice appears to be getting taken of our strong start.

It's surely a more laudable managerial achievement to have Queens at or near the top of this division, than it is to take Hibs or Falkirk there.

A bit sickening, without being remotely surprising.

Tremendous effort from Ladbrokes and the League to ignore Gavin Skelton for Manager of the Month again. Top of tbe table, two months unbeaten and this time the guy in 3rd got it. Talk about "under the radar"!

I'd quite happily go quietly about our business and avoid picking up any monthly managerial awards if we were to finish top of the pile come May.

Im sure in the past it's been a bit of a poisoned chalice any way as we usually end up losing the next game after the awards are announced!

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Tremendous effort from Ladbrokes and the League to ignore Gavin Skelton for Manager of the Month again. Top of tbe table, two months unbeaten and this time the guy in 3rd got it. Talk about "under the radar"!

Welcome to our world, Tommy Wrights only ever had one Manager of the Month award in his two and half seasons in charge of us. Although he, finally, got Manager of the Season last year.

Agree with earlier comments - some more info on injured players would be welcome. Can fully understand keeping quiet on injuries before matches but once a player is out it would good to get some sort of indication on seriousness etc.

Tapping and Hilson both quoted that they could be out for a while. Tan man 3 weeks I heard. If Hilson is injured seriously, be hugely disappointing as he was playing really well since getting back in side

On 6 October 2016 at 09:58, Skyline Drifter said:

Still allowed Emergency Loans in Scotland certainly (below Premiership anyway). Wasn't aware it had been stopped elsewhere.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10509644/emergency-loan-window-system-changes-explained

This outlines situation in the EFL. Does the SC differ? 

1 minute ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

As I already said, yes. Emergency loans are still permitted between 28 and 93 days in the SPFL outside the Premiership.

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I already said, yes. Emergency loans are still permitted between 28 and 93 days in the SPFL outside the Premiership.

Yeah, wasn't paying attention but had a look online at the SPFL website before you answered. Only one player over 21 allowed at any one time and only one from a club in the same division. Lots of rules as per usual.

Quite surprised that FIFA have allowed emergency and temporary loans in the Scottish Championship when most of the clubs are full-time but maybe they want this enforced in the top flights around Europe, although it applies in the top four divisions in England. 

2 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Yeah, wasn't paying attention but had a look online at the SPFL website before you answered. Only one player over 21 allowed at any one time and only one from a club in the same division. Lots of rules as per usual.

Quite surprised that FIFA have allowed emergency and temporary loans in the Scottish Championship when most of the clubs are full-time but maybe they want this enforced in the top flights around Europe, although it applies in the top four divisions in England. 

I'm actually fairly surprised they continue to allow it for the Championship too when in pretty much every other respect the Championship has mirrored the Premiership since the merger (squad numbers, etc). However, it is still allowed and I'm pleased it is.

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dan Carmichael is back.

Dan The Man

WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER!

However I doubt we are getting the same player from 2 years ago, a year and a bit of injuries have ruined better players but hopefully he can  make a decent contribution and rebuild his career. Few guys deserve a bit of good fortune and a shot of the big time as much as he does.