The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Listened to JT's interview, interesting that he said that Dobbie has always said he would come back and finish playing with us. It's good to know we should never have the heartbreak of him lining up against us.

He said at the travel club end of season dance the season he left he'd be back at Queens one day. You tend to take players saying these things with a pinch of salt, but he seemed to have genuine affection for the club and talked about having a great relationship with the fans.

His wife is buzzing on twitter

IMG-20160804-WA0005[1].jpg

Keep thinking there must be a catch. Surely he must have had a few offers (and no doubt for more money). Anyhow more than happy with this and hopefully it will encourage a few others to take note and encourage them to sign. Must be great for the younger ones in the team also. 

He's said himself that he had a few offers on the table. The only rumour I've heard regarding other clubs is that Hibs were interested. Dumfries and false rumours go hand in hand so take from that what you will.

Yeah the fact a player so loved by our fans also appears to share our love for the club really is the best thing about the last couple of days.

He's a man of many clubs, and his achievements down south eclipse anything he did with us. So the fact he holds us dear is really great.

What a guy.

What are the requirements for a player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame? Does the love for a player count or does it come down to appearances/years served?

It's quite clear Dobbie is a QoS treasure and I can't imagine anyone would have any issues with him being inducted into our HOF. He's probably a whole generation of QoS fans' favourite player.

Even when Burns returned there wasn't anything close to this kind of excitement (Obviously not a dig at Burns).

Its the kind of signing which will see those mulling over whether to commit to a season ticket decide outright to buy one. What a brilliant boost and I for one am buzzing about what the new improved slimline Dobster can do to defences in this league. Wouldnt it be great if wee Dan could join him and we could get someone like Harkins as the final 2 signings

Honestly still can't believe Stephen Dobbie will be on the team sheet tomorrow, what a boost that will be for the team. From what I've heard, he was looking very sharp in training yesterday and fitter than he ever was before. I can see him doing serious damage in this league.

Well I am seriously late to the great news on dobbie coming back to queens. I am absolutely delighted and had hoped he would consider it one day without ever actually believing it. This is a great signing for the club and optimistic views must surely be going round the town. Very happy and a massive well done to all those at the club involved in this.

41 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Honestly still can't believe Stephen Dobbie will be on the team sheet tomorrow, what a boost that will be for the team. From what I've heard, he was looking very sharp in training yesterday and fitter than he ever was before. I can see him doing serious damage in this league.

I don't know that he'll resume his scoring rate from his first spell, although obviously it would be nice.

What he should surely offer though is some of the guile and attacking creativity that has looked to be lacking.  We have so far had a workmanlike feel to the team in the opening games, so the idea of someone with his vision and clever feet being added seems perfect.

I don't know that he'll resume his scoring rate from his first spell, although obviously it would be nice.

What he should surely offer though is some of the guile and attacking creativity that has looked to be lacking.  We have so far had a workmanlike feel to the team in the opening games, so the idea of someone with his vision and clever feet being added seems perfect.

I don't see any reason why he can't continue on from where he left off. As I've said elsewhere, Dobbie has never relied on pace so it's an attribute he never had so can't lose. His touch and general ability will only have improved. The only genuine concern is stamina. But an hour/70 minutes from him is more than enough time for him to tear a defence to pieces.

And let's not forget that he's going to be playing at a far far shitter level than the Championship; the same Championship where he still scored goals last season.

16/1 for top scorer has to be worth a punt for any QoS fan.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't see any reason why he can't continue on from where he left off. As I've said elsewhere, Dobbie has never relied on pace so it's an attribute he never had so can't lose. His touch and general ability will only have improved. The only genuine concern is stamina. But an hour/70 minutes from him is more than enough time for him to tear a defence to pieces.

And let's not forget that he's going to be playing at a far far shitter level than the Championship; the same Championship where he still scored goals last season.

16/1 for top scorer has to be worth a punt for any QoS fan.

16/1 is certainly a good price, but I'd still be surprised (very pleasantly) if he can sustain a rate of more than a goal every two games, over an extended period. 

He played for a better Queens team for most of his spell here before, than he'll get to this time.