The Queen of the South thread

Why would Holt come back when he is a regular 1st team player at Dundee.

Kiltie is the same at Killie.

Carmichael needs games we can give him that Surely that is who we should be going for.

Gibson is just not good enough now found his level with Stranraer.

If we are dealing in rumours then it's being claimed that the goss on the street suggests that Holt's personal circumstances would favour a move nearer to the Town and also rumours that his (football) relationship with his Manager is not the best.  All rumours of course. Position wise, Holt I would say is probably the most left-sided of the names being bandied about and that appears to be the position that a lot of fans think needs strengthening.

Of the players who have left recently, and talking about the playing side only, probably Danny Carmichael's situation would suggest he is the most obvious candidate to be sent out on loan but I'm sure he has stated that he wants to stay ay Hibs, get fit and impress the new Manager. It would be a decent move for us if he was loaned out to us however.

I think you lot should just forget about Holt. Zero chance that is happening. He's first choice LB, we don't have cover in that area, we are not planning on signing a LB and if he'd had a breakdown with Hartley he'd have been austracised from the squad Harkins style (Hartley is absolutely ruthless that way).

I wouldn't mind if he did leave us because it's fair to say he's not been the best for us. I really like him and hope he kicks on, and he will have the chance to because he's 100% not leaving.

If we are dealing in rumours then it's being claimed that the goss on the street suggests that Holt's personal circumstances would favour a move nearer to the Town and also rumours that his (football) relationship with his Manager is not the best.  All rumours of course. Position wise, Holt I would say is probably the most left-sided of the names being bandied about and that appears to be the position that a lot of fans think needs strengthening.

Of the players who have left recently, and talking about the playing side only, probably Danny Carmichael's situation would suggest he is the most obvious candidate to be sent out on loan but I'm sure he has stated that he wants to stay ay Hibs, get fit and impress the new Manager. It would be a decent move for us if he was loaned out to us however.

I haven't heard any rumour of Holt returning though funny you should mention it, I did hear of personal circumstances that may involve him having to move closer to the town. Obviously that's as vaguely as I can put it as it isn't my place to put the details on a social media site. I presume it's the same thing you've heard.

Hypothetically, how would Holt returning effect the team. Either him or Marshall would surely have to become a LM?

I think you lot should just forget about Holt. Zero chance that is happening. He's first choice LB, we don't have cover in that area, we are not planning on signing a LB and if he'd had a breakdown with Hartley he'd have been austracised from the squad Harkins style (Hartley is absolutely ruthless that way).

I wouldn't mind if he did leave us because it's fair to say he's not been the best for us. I really like him and hope he kicks on, and he will have the chance to because he's 100% not leaving.

I have to admit I wasn't blown away with Holt initially, though Bob Harris had just left us and he was as solid a LB you could ask for at this level so it was always going to be a tough job for him. I reckon the drop in division did him wonders and from then on he came into his game and was arguably the biggest loss to us when we lost our youngsters. I've every faith that Holt will start to hold his own at that level.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I haven't heard any rumour of Holt returning though funny you should mention it, I did hear of personal circumstances that may involve him having to move closer to the town. Obviously that's as vaguely as I can put it as it isn't my place to put the details on a social media site. I presume it's the same thing you've heard.

Hypothetically, how would Holt returning effect the team. Either him or Marshall would surely have to become a LM?

That is the rumour that was going round the ground yesterday.

I said the same thing, either he or Marshall, probably Holt, would need to play left midfield. I actually think Holt could do a decent job there

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprising that a Manager of Hartley's reputation doesn't have adequate cover for every position and has no plans to sign cover for a position that you say the present incumbent, although being regular 1st choice, has not been at his best.  Sometimes a player's personal situation can affect performances, not saying this is the actual case in this instance, and you have to do what is best for the player and the team.  Anyway time will tell if there is any truth in the rumours and we may be reading too much into them. He would still be a good addition to our squad however if it did come about.

I have to admit I wasn't blown away with Holt initially, though Bob Harris had just left us and he was as solid a LB you could ask for at this level so it was always going to be a tough job for him. I reckon the drop in division did him wonders and from then on he came into his game and was arguably the biggest loss to us when we lost our youngsters. I've every faith that Holt will start to hold his own at that level.

Just out of interest where is Bob Harris nowadays

Surprising that a Manager of Hartley's reputation doesn't have adequate cover for every position and has no plans to sign cover for a position that you say the present incumbent, although being regular 1st choice, has not been at his best.  Sometimes a player's personal situation can affect performances, not saying this is the actual case in this instance, and you have to do what is best for the player and the team.  Anyway time will tell if there is any truth in the rumours and we may be reading too much into them. He would still be a good addition to our squad however if it did come about.

One would imagine in the very slight chance he was leaving, we'd be expecting a bigger fee than what we paid for him. Can you see yourselves forking out cash?

I don't think any team in Scotland other than Celtic/Rangers and potentially Aberdeen and Hearts can afford to have quality back up in every single position. We've got back up for Holt but it's our left winger Danny Williams and our current first choice RB.

Only reason would be the personal circumstances. Not out of the question but would still be surprising if he did return.

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Any news on the injury,s to Anderson    Pickard and Robbie Thompson.

As far as I know none of them are injured. Pickard was suspended (as Tapping now will be for Stenny). Thomson warmed up yesterday pre match with the other two keepers. Anderson change was pretty much tactical I think. 

5 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Kiltie was just a name I threw in there with the rumours. But I believe they're only rumours and believe we won't be signing a left sided midfielder and will make do with what we have.

Skelton`s interview on official site suggests he`s still hoping to get another couple of players in.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As far as I know none of them are injured. Pickard was suspended (as Tapping now will be for Stenny). Thomson warmed up yesterday pre match with the other two keepers. Anderson change was pretty much tactical I think. 

I`d assumed he had a knock as we had done OK up to that point. Interesting if it was tactical and no bad thing if the manger is prepared to make a relatively early tactical change.