The Queen of the South thread

In terms of numbers the post you refer to shows 5 in, not 4. (Rigg, Hamill, Dykes, Anderson and Robinson). I appreciate that includes an extra keeper though so you may not have counted that deliberately.

Eight out is effectively 7 out given the 8 includes Shaun Rutherford who played 2 minutes of football for us last season. It also includes a couple of loan players and if they are going to be replaced, with the odd exception, loan deals tend to happen nearer the end of August than July.

But Robinson is a goalkeeper and he specifically said outfield players.

[emoji6]

Very unlucky to lose at Thistle .Hit th post and bar 1st half.Turning point in the game for me was the easy chance Hilson somehow hit the post with.Thistle would not have came back from that.Could not really see Thistle scoring but the got a scrambled goal which we really should have cleared.After that it looked like a draw neither team looking like they would win it.

We somehow must try and get a left sided midfielder in.

The worry is take Lyle out the team who else will get us goals this season.

I just cant see Hilson or Rigg scoring a lot of goals.

Will

Hard to take that one, my first look at Queens this season and we played really well for long periods. Very open game, we hit the woodwork at least thrice, but Thistle has a few chances too. Their subs just seemed to strengthen their team, we just sat in a bit too much near the end. Although had Hilson buried that chance, we would have been home and dry. Probably....

50 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Hard to take that one, my first look at Queens this season and we played really well for long periods. Very open game, we hit the woodwork at least thrice, but Thistle has a few chances too. Their subs just seemed to strengthen their team, we just sat in a bit too much near the end. Although had Hilson buried that chance, we would have been home and dry. Probably....

As I said in the cup thread I think at this time of the season it was very obvious which team played 90 minutes in 30 degree heat on Tuesday and which one didnt. We just ran out of legs across the team I think. Much encouragement to be had though and very unlucky not to get the draw at least which would probably have put us through. That last minute goal may knock us out. We probably need to score a few against Stenny now. It may come down to GD compared to Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, etc.

Good atmosphere at the game today ,lots of singing enjoyed it apart from the score.
First real test today and I thought we done well I think lyndon Dykes will be a decent player for us this season big and strong and seems good in the air.

Any word on Anderson's injury?