The Queen of the South thread

Didnt stay for it but it finished 2-0 to South Shields who will therefore play us in the final tomorrow.

Cheers. What league do South Shields play in? I want to take the piss out of Ayr but I fear we could be on the receiving end tomorrow. They surely play at a half decent level if Arca has stuck around to play for them.

Seriously tempted to knock Wimbledon on the head now and head down tomorrow.

My mistake gogs, I didn't see who scored the 4th. Someone said it was Rigg so I posted that.

Rigg is useless. It's already been proven he only turns up against his former clubs. Baird The Second....

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cheers. What league do South Shields play in? I want to take the piss out of Ayr but I fear we could be on the receiving end tomorrow. They surely play at a half decent level if Arca has stuck around to play for them.

Seriously tempted to knock Wimbledon on the head now and head down tomorrow.

Northern League Div 1 which is about the 9th tier of English football having got promoted last year according to wiki, I think Arca is doing that along with being a youth coach at Sunderland and probably just wants to play rather than train full time. That being said a  fair few English clubs at that level do seem to acquire a sugar daddy who spends a fair amount so it could be another one of those projects,

Why do we not seem to play trialists.Surprised we did not play any today.Any rumours of new ssignings.

I prefer that the first team or a fairly close first team at least is playing. The league cup group games are coming up soon and we should be looking to qualify through it. Winning this little cup will hopefully breathe some optimism into the fans about the squad and the manager and the season ahead.

Tell you what, Iain Russell is some boi.

Scored a hatty today.

He'll bang them in in that league. He's a quality signing for you. It'll make up for us offloading Conroy on to you.

Seeing the lack of left sided midfielders we currently have makes Russell's departure even more disappointing IMO.

10 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Tell you what, Iain Russell is some boi.

Scored a hatty today.

Russell will absolutely coast that level. If he's not there or thereabouts top scorer in the division unless he gets a long term injury I'll be surprised. He could still have done a job at Championship level for at least another season.

40 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I prefer that the first team or a fairly close first team at least is playing. The league cup group games are coming up soon and we should be looking to qualify through it. Winning this little cup will hopefully breathe some optimism into the fans about the squad and the manager and the season ahead.

I wouldn't expect quite as strong a side to play tomorrow. It's likely to be mostly the guys who didn't play today albeit that will include the likes of Thomson, Brownlie, Jacobs, Dykes, etc. Probably a few more of the 20's involved tomorrow again. More like the second half team v Dalbeattie. We've then two games in two days Tuesday . Wednesday before the competitive stuff starts,.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Did Rigg not play well today ?

He did ok, not sure quite what 19QOS19 was expecting. He was maybe slightly less involved than at Dalbeattie but he linked play well without ever getting too many decent openings himself. Nodded one onto the top of the bar first half though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

He'll bang them in in that league. He's a quality signing for you. It'll make up for us offloading Conroy on to you.

Seeing the lack of left sided midfielders we currently have makes Russell's departure even more disappointing IMO.

I fancy his strike partner, Andy Ryan, to outscore him this season. Russell so far seems to spend a lot of time coming deep and collecting the ball, so has rarely been close enough to the goal to score (obv something changed today - wasn't there).

Haven't seen enough of Conroy to comment yet. Seems to have a cracking left peg on him and is a natural wide man...

You don't have any centre halfs for us do you???

I fancy his strike partner, Andy Ryan, to outscore him this season. Russell so far seems to spend a lot of time coming deep and collecting the ball, so has rarely been close enough to the goal to score (obv something changed today - wasn't there).

Haven't seen enough of Conroy to comment yet. Seems to have a cracking left peg on him and is a natural wide man...

You don't have any centre halfs for us do you???

Conroy will be useful for set peices. Thats about it. Beany will be a fans favourite, with his antics and banging in the goals. Gutted he has left.