The Queen of the South thread

I wonder if the novelty value of the first gig was as much a factor in the increased sales first time round as anything else? Maybe worth considering it every 3 or 4 years rather than making it an annual thing?

I'd imagine that there's probably something in this "novelty value" idea.

What the experience of last year also showed was that despite decent ticket numbers ultimately shifting, there was no need to scoop in and grab one the minute they became available. Plenty will have loosely planned to go this time, perhaps waiting to see what the weather does etc.

Obviously though, those running things needed a picture with more certainty and I suppose, much bigger numbers.

Apologies if my post inferred that you were berating the Commercial Dep't, I was stating my own view that it would be harsh to berate them if they have done everything possible to make it happen.

I don't know who came up with the line-up for this concert but obviously someone thought it would work. I wonder if the Commercial Department were being guided or advised by a Promotion Company who would arrange for the acts to appear? The final say of course would be with the Club as they will have to deal with any fallout if anything goes wrong. 

They were

It seems to take an age to scroll through the stories and as a result when I click on one headline it isn't always that story I end up being directed to. I'm not going to slate the official website as I know it's upkeep is done by volunteers (at least that's what I thought?) and tbh it's more likely that my shitty Iphone is the problem. Most over-rated mobile phone ever. Fact <_<

It is ;) Its possible to provide feedback on something without slating it though. The news section does take a while to load, might be time to remove it from mobile devices

It doesnt load quickly enough on desktop either. Hopefully, the new server will fix it

Nah its quite clearly YET another PR disASTER from the Club. Sack THE Bored.

It is ;) Its possible to provide feedback on something without slating it though. The news section does take a while to load, might be time to remove it from mobile devices

Thought so. Yeah it's not a criticism, more constructive feedback. That's the only issue I have with it. I'm rarely on a desktop so I can't really comment on the speed of it using that.

I'm pretty sure the Beltie Beer Festival has a capacity of 2000 and is yet to sell out. So even if every single person that was going to that came to Boomtown Rats ticket sales would still be around half of what Status Quo managed to shift.

I wonder if the novelty value of the first gig was as much a factor in the increased sales first time round as anything else? Maybe worth considering it every 3 or 4 years rather than making it an annual thing?

Of course the biggest disappointment of the whole thing is the fact there appears to be plenty of people happy about this years failure allowing them to make "typical Queens" remarks.

Beltie Beer festival now sold out

I feel so sorry for all those involved in this disaster, it must have been so frustrating for them all. Unfortunately shit sticks, I think this will cause an unrepairable future for live bands at Palmerston.

I don't imagine that will be the case. The choice of headline act was pish. That's the reason for the lack of interest IMO. As I say, I don't think this is the end for concerts at Palmerston, far from it. They just need to try and attract a better band next time.

I don't imagine that will be the case. The choice of headline act was pish. That's the reason for the lack of interest IMO. As I say, I don't think this is the end for concerts at Palmerston, far from it. They just need to try and attract a better band next time.

If It was that simple, you'd think it wouldn't have gone wrong this time.

If people have been badly burned by this, I can see it not happening again.

If It was that simple, you'd think it wouldn't have gone wrong this time.If people have been badly burned by this, I can see it not happening again.

Apparently took a £100,000 hit on cancelling the gig!!

Terrible choice of line up so hopefully lessons will be learnt.