The Queen of the South thread

With raith getting beat tonight, big incentive now for the team to start a consistent run of form to grab that top 4 spot. Hopefully murdoch can give the team much needed energy and drive.

That's a cracking result for us.

That game in hand looked like a guaranteed three points for Raith. For them to get none, really does make things pretty even as regards the pursuit of fourth place.

Joking aside, it must be quite hard putting something like this together, so hope they get a big crowd and it proves to be a success.

Terrible shame it clashes the same day as the Dumfries rugby clubs 2nd beltie beer festival. Both were firsts last year, I attended both the very successful events last year, this year well it could come down to a toss of a coin.

Anybody I've spoken to today (of a certain vintage) seemed keen on it.

£45 for 5 plus bands and what 4 ish hours of entertainment doesn't sound too steep to me.

It's not a terrible line up.

I'm not surprised Vortex isn't keen.

Anybody who attended our last 3 cup ties against Dumbarton, Livingston and Morton would have paid £50 in admission fees. How much entertainment did they provide?

Terrible shame it clashes the same day as the Dumfries rugby clubs 2nd beltie beer festival. Both were firsts last year, I attended both the very successful events last year, this year well it could come down to a toss of a coin.

looks like it's gonna be best of 3!

So Fowler confirmed yesterday we were looking for a striker either on loan or permanently to bolster our options. He said he was waiting for teams to add to their squad before this would be possible. Looking through the SPL teams there are relatively few good strikers that seem available. Names I think could be targeted are John Sutton, David Clarkson, Christian Nade and Dom Thomas of Motherwell although he is more of a winger but a very exciting talent. Aidan Nesbitt on loan would be a great coup aswell based on reports I have read. It seems widely agreed that he is one of the best young talents our country has produced for a while, so a loan in the championship might suit him and Celtic.