The Queen of the South thread

Well Raith & the Pars have one and of course the last few match threads have gone off on a tangent regarding our off field affairs. For that reason this is probably as good a thread as any to air your views and there is much to discuss.

With Queens looking for a completely new squad and management team (likely part-time) next season there are some uncertain times ahead at Palmerston. At the moment the team look to have chucked it and I suppose you can't really blame them. Players that have given their all look to have been treated with poorly and questions are being asked of our Chairman and board.

Anyway chart the twist and turns here.

Edited by Homer Thompson

Should we go down the part-time route next season (which looks a certainty) i hope the BOD aren't budgeting on crowds of anything over 1000 because at £17 a game - the already pissed off Dumfriesshire public certainly aren't going to turn up in decent numbers!

I know that it's horrible what is going on at the club but from a purely business perspective, will it not work out quite well in the long run by going part time and offering new players much reduced wages in comparison to what some of the current squad are on?

Any light at the end of the tunnel?

I know that it's horrible what is going on at the club but from a purely business perspective, will it not work out quite well in the long run by going part time and offering new players much reduced wages in comparison to what some of the current squad are on?

Hopefully. Unfortunately, I think most Queens fans can all see an era of relative success coming to an abrupt and shambolic end.

Any light at the end of the tunnel?

Not yet.

Edited to say that we do have a crop of good U19 players that may play a key role in the future of the club. That has to be the way to go.

Edited by MB

Wouldn't worry too much, most of first will be part time within 2 years, it's the only way to make the figures work. If anyone wants to dispute this feel free, but as nearly all of the teams in that division are technically bust, very hard to think otherwise.

Hopefully. Unfortunately, I think most Queens fans can all see an era of relative success coming to an abrupt and shambolic end.

Not yet.

Edited to say that we do have a crop of good U19 players that may play a key role in the future of the club. That has to be the way to go.

Agree with MB's analysis. Can't blame the players given the limbo that most find themselves in. I can see the remaining games being a severe trial of the fans' patience. Fortunately we can't round off the season with a play-off defeat. A couple of draws v the Binos may have been what saved us.

I can see next season being a long hard struggle too for Neil Scally and some kids. :(

I went to the game today and it was dire. I was up playing in Dunfermline with Dumfries Town Band and Queens just happened to be playing there. I never expected a win but nor did I expect to get thrashed 6-1. We left with about 10 mins left it was that bad.

I'm not trying to deflect deserved criticism from the board, but I do feel quite hurt by the team's last 3 performances.

Even if they know they are leaving, they owe it to the club and fans who have been paying their wages to at least put a decent shift in until the end of the season.

The lack of fight at the cup final was extremely embarrassing, especially with so many floaters there.

But to react in the manner we have is verging on unforgiveable. I never thought I would say this but I'm struggling to find the motivation to even go and see these players off at the final game.

I know that the overall mess has been created by the board, but these players are privileged enough to have been paid full time (and decent in many cases) wages for playing football, and this is how professional they act towards the fans.

It's disgraceful.

Heard the interview with Queen's manager on the way up the road. The guy was devastated and said the chairman wouldn't speak to any of the players or management.Only three players to keep their jobs.

What a way to treat your employees!

I can understand them getting rid of players if they are wanting to cut back due to finance, but if you are going to get rid of them you should at least have the balls to speak to the people concerned.

I can understand them getting rid of players if they are wanting to cut back due to finance, but if you are going to get rid of them you should at least have the balls to speak to the people concerned.

Correct. unfortunately our chairman has got a spine made of jelly.

Given that Chisholm is a free agent how would QOS fans think about him possibly coming back as Manager?

He will also no doubt be linked with my club as well, personalyy I hope he doesnt get near Firhill but curious to see if fans would be happy to see him replace Brannigan?

Given that Chisholm is a free agent how would QOS fans think about him possibly coming back as Manager?

He will also no doubt be linked with my club as well, personalyy I hope he doesnt get near Firhill but curious to see if fans would be happy to see him replace Brannigan?

There's no chance of it happening, but if it were to, it would make me (and I'd imagine, most others) desperately unhappy.

Doubt I would be back if Chisholm rocked up with his decidedly average self!

I don't think we can afford him now anyway. Think cheaper than cheap.

Edited by qos_75