Burnistoun

SOL

The most recent special was enjoyable - still its not clever or insightful in the slightest and i cant help but feel some folk adore it because its a sitcom that's heavily reliant on Scottish language. If you put out the same characters and dialogue designed without the Scottish influence plenty of the people who adore the show as is would have nothing positive to say

• 1 year later...
On 28/03/2019 at 20:44, Crroma said:

The most recent special was enjoyable - still its not clever or insightful in the slightest and i cant help but feel some folk adore it because its a sitcom that's heavily reliant on Scottish language. If you put out the same characters and dialogue designed without the Scottish influence plenty of the people who adore the show as is would have nothing positive to say

Lucky it’s Scottish then, what a ridiculous point to make.

It’s made by two Scottish guys, for a Scottish audience, relying heavily on Scottish humour. I don’t think they were sitting writing sketches using catchphrases like ‘Up eh road’ or the 2 litre bottle of ginger sketch, with the ambition of appealing to an audience of anyone but Scottish people.